Graduate m/f/d for Internal Audit in International Bank, Senior Associate
Graduate m/f/d for Internal Audit in international bank / Absolvent m/w/d für Interne Revision in internationaler Bank, Senior Associate
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an Internal Auditor in Frankfurt or Munich who is looking for a challenging and fulfilling opportunity to grow along with a global industry leader, is interested in identifying and helping to mitigate operational risks in the fund industry, and passionate about using financial industry knowledge to navigate complex business, operational and technology challenges.
Why this role is important to us
As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division, you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth. Our global team of 300 professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Internal Auditor you will
- Perform audit work using the division’s audit methodology to identify and evaluate risk, determine control objectives and verify the extent to which client control techniques meet objectives
- Obtain and analyze evidentiary data as a basis for drafting an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of controls of the activities being reviewed
- Review and appraise corrective actions taken to improve deficient conditions
- Ensure that audits are completed in compliance with the Corporate Audit Department and Institute of Internal Auditor standards, e.g. prepare the work papers as required, use data analytics techniques, analyze the root cause, draft meaningful audit results
- Maintain a current knowledge of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to work independently in an international team across multiple locations with global stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- A high degree of professionalism and proficient organizational, analytical and project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Successfully completed university degree in economics or a related field, preferably with a focus on audit
- First audit experience in a public accounting and/or a corporate internal audit function, with focus on auditing financial institutions
- Familiarity with German and European regulatory environment applicable to financial institutions
- Ability to clearly demonstrate proficiency in evaluating and testing internal controls and in applying risk-based audit skills to business units globally
- Fluency in German and English
- Up to 35% of travel within Europe may be required
What we offer
- Flexible working time
- Work from home days might be possible depending on the role
- Depending on legal entity 37,5 or 40 working hours per week
- Pension plan offering
- Wellbeing & health programs (anonymous Employee Assistance Program, PME Family Service, trainings)
- Group accident insurance
- Mentoring program
- Regular performance reviews and structured performance management
- Personal development possibilities and extensive web-based training catalogue
- Free German and English language classes
- Global Inclusion, Global Outreach and Corporate Citizenship programs
- Dynamic, diverse, international, and multicultural working environment with English company language
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.