Senior Associate - Financial Reporting
The purpose of the job is to provide end to end support to investment company clients for timely completion of preparation of financial statements, portfolio schedules and associated mandatory reporting’s within stringent deadlines for audit / review and successful submission to the regulators.
Selected candidates will be required to work at shifts which allow reasonable overlap with US, APAC and EMEA hours and allow for trainings, on the job practice, feedback etc.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Associate you will:
- Prepare and perform 1st level reviews on client financial statements, NQs, Form N-MFP other similar forms/activities and clear comments and assist with draft and support distribution to client and auditors, ensuring that all deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed upon time
- Provide on-the-job training and coaching to all staff in addition provide performance feedback to manager for review
- Responsible for risk management by ensuring staff understands all Standard Operating procedures, Key Controls, and Client Specific Procedures/Checklists
- Estimate personnel needs, assign work, oversee short term deliverables, coordinate workflow, maintain working knowledge of overall process operating model while assisting with deployment of operational changes
- Ensure team is achieving accuracy and meeting pre-determined deadlines
- Implement all standard practices, processes, tools, and technology enhancements
- Effectively use automation and make recommendations for current system enhancements
- Participate in the research and resolution of client issues
- Volunteer for ad-hoc projects and help with last minute requests
- Resolve issues and prioritize actions in the absence of the direct manager
- Assist with coordination of activities between multiple departments within the organization, including our global offshoring partners
- Draft and update task lists for offshoring partners, ensures all supporting documentation is available to them and acts as primary contact to answer their questions and issues
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Fund Accounting
- Transaction processing & Management
- Financial Analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving
- Statistical analysis
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- CA / CPA / ACCA or similar professional qualification preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP/ IFRS etc.
- Demonstrates strong technology skills, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrates an ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management skills
- 3+ years to 8+ years of experience in Fund Financial Reporting /accounting or finance field preferred
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.