Fund Accounting & Administration, Off
Hedge Fund Accounting Officer Main Responsibilities:
- Supervision of all subordinate staff levels including Associate 1, Associate 2 and Senior Associates.
- Manage the day to day delivery of accounting and administrative services for one or more client relationships by liaising with different functional teams spread across multiple global service locations
- Supervise and review the portfolio and fund level accounting for numerous funds. Asset classes can include; equities, fixed income, derivatives, and private investments.
- Review limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums and ensure compliance with operational and accounting procedures.
- Manage the planning, preparation, and execution of weekly and/or monthly net asset value reporting cycle in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure all client queries and requests are attended to in a timely matter and delegated or escalated appropriately.
- Demonstrate an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Support the onboarding of existing client funds and the launch of new funds.
- Ensure adherence with internal policies and procedures and compliance with external governing regulations.
- Coordinate all external audit requests, and requirements from financial reporting, tax, compliance, risk and regulatory reporting as required.
- Involved in all areas of talent management including; hiring, training, supervision, and delivery of performance reviews.
- Meet all requirements for the performance planning process including goal setting, regular and immediate feedback and submission of formalized performance appraisals.
- Contribute to working groups within the organization to improve our processes.
- Participate in special client or internal projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferably within a hedge fund accounting role, including 1-2 years of supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrate and understanding of fund level profit & loss characteristics and its implications on investor allocations for various complex fund structures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook & Excel in required
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly effective communication and organization skills
- Ability to thrive and function in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot complex fund accounting problems and use analytical skills to resolve issues in a timely manner
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.