Vice President - Operations (Derivatives)
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Purpose of Role
Supervisory: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE’s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
Ensure timely and accurate reporting of KPI’s to internal and onshore stakeholders on a periodic basis. Guide the team towards achieving service excellence by coaching and mentoring direct/indirect reports.
Lead Derivatives and/or Bank Loans function to manage client experience and operational delivery. The role is based in India and responsible for implementing strategy and managing service delivery.
- In depth knowledge of the Bank Loan Asset class and/or Derivatives products and the multiple internal & external dependencies required to successfully manage the end client delivery executed by multiple staff under your oversight.
- Experience in leading large teams and exposure to Trade Processing, Pricing,
Fund Accounting, Custody, Recon, Fund Operations, Middle Office, Risk Oversight, Relationship Management, Automation and Management Reporting are required.
- Demonstrable track record of success in leading agendas.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy across business / processes.
- Act as command and control across Team to drive operational effectiveness, establishing a core competency for conversions across sectors and regions.
- Actively manage executive global stakeholders across Global HUBS & Global Delivery Organization.
- Drive innovation, transformation and productivity, not only in India but globally across the delivery organization.
- Develop and lead a large team, fostering high performance and creating a destination for top talent.
- During the course of normal day to day operations, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Assess impacts of regulatory changes.
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Coordinate the implementation of new funds, systems and processes as well as assists with client conversions and other client projects.
- Drive Process Improvements ideas to make the process simple & efficient.
- Own delivery of complex daily operations and processes – including the governance of vendor-provided services.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for both operational issues and drive a culture of service excellence to both internal and external clients.
- Manage teams to exceed annual performance goals – budgetary and other.
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour.
- Promote a culture of diversity.
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulation.
Level of Education/ Specific Qualifications:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting or Finance. Lean / Six Sigma certifications preferred.
Skills and Experience
This is a key position and requires leadership and advanced skills:
- Overall 15 to 18 years of relevant experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Proficient in the working knowledge of Equity and Derivative products e.g. ETD, OTC, Collateral and NAV generation or Valuation reporting.
- Understanding of operational functions within Bank Loans and/or Derivatives.
- Ability to work in a team environment with emphasis on collaboration with other internal service teams.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ethical decision making.
- Should have worked directly with clients and counterparties in a global context.
- Should have led operations at a global level, across countries & regions.
- Should have experience of end to end ownership of operations, with direct accountability on business, client and risk metrics (including losses).
- Demonstrated leadership beyond operations, working with Risk, Technology, Automation and Change groups to drive BAU and transformation
- Responsible for developing staffing projections. Completes staffing proposals for newly awarded business.
- Proven leadership skills as well as managing and developing a high performing operations team.
- Proven ability to generate innovation ideas, manage project pipeline and ultimately transform businesses.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and influence colleagues and virtual team members.
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results.
- Should be open to work in North American shift hours as needed by the business.
Top 3 competencies that is required for this role:
Client Focus & Consultation - Provide excellent service and build strategic client partnerships based on knowledge of their needs and by exceeding mutual expectations
Manage Execution & Effective Communication - Deliver flawless execution of work products through effective plans, clear priorities and developed process management methods to ensure all resources function at optimal levels
Leverage Talent Globally - Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce while understanding different perspectives and cultures to align management practices to fulfill business strategy
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.