Accountant - Finance Operations
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic Finance team supporting the Next business. Located within our Leicestershire Head Office, within our Cash Management team.
Next is a dynamic and fast growing business, to succeed in this role you must be happy in a fast-moving, fluid, ever-changing environment. You will need a mixture of solid financial and management accounting skills, coupled with financial analysis to maintain core financial controls, support key stakeholders and business initiatives.
You are ideally someone who thinks about the impact on the customer and wider business - a person that above all, values the need for procedure, control and auditability.
About the role:
- A broad role which will encompass a wide range of financial and operational duties
- Ensure all Debtor and Cash movements are correctly accounted for
- Maintain control over VAT records and routinely review in light of new projects
- Identification and evaluation of FX charges
- Budgeting and forecasting both P&L and Balance Sheet impacts
- Responsible for the investigation into both P&L and Balance Sheet variances
- Liaison with external auditors to ensure a smooth and efficient audit process
- Provide Ad Hoc analysis as required to support business initiatives or payment incident resolution
- Mentor and support a part qualified accountant and our extended team in India
- Support project delivery and post implementation analysis
What we are looking for:
- A pro-active and hands on Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with proven experience in a large company, working cross functionally with proven ability to deliver to strict deadlines
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively, maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Demonstrates self motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative and is confident in making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably present to all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products, Google Gsuite is desirable
- SQL & Microsoft SSMS is experience is desirable
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.