Deputy Manager, Private Equity
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
To manage a section of teams to deliver all aspects of the administration and accounting requirements for a wide range of Alternatives clients which include limited partnerships and companies.
Develop, train and motivate your team to achieve business objectives
- Lead by example and promote teamwork
- Ensure that your team complies with standard training procedures, and has effective training provision in place to ensure that all staff are fully trained to fulfil their current or planned role
- Promote the continuous development of relevant knowledge and skills through effective use of the appraisal process, interim reviews and coaching, and evaluation of the results
Develop / maintain effective channels of communication at all levels
- Ensure that effective communication processes are used within your area, consistent with the Company’s communications strategy and standards
- Ensure that all members of your staff understand those Company / department objectives that are relevant to them, and what they are expected to contribute towards achieving them
- Discuss objectives and issues of concern with your team and encourage constructive feedback
For specific client groups lead and co-ordinate the client service team:
- Critical background knowledge of entities worked on by Team and in depth understanding of the Alternatives structures mainly around Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and Private Debt funds
- Ensuring that operational arrangements are clearly established at inception of a fund and are regularly updated
- Ensuring that documentation, legal and compliance issues are complete
- Monitoring and ensuring consistently high standards of service to the client group
- Addressing any problems or complaints of the client group clearly and effectively
- Dealing with client / NTGS SE procedural issues
- To be fully briefed / familiar with the issues which are to be considered at client and board meetings
- Attendance and action of day to day communication and Ad hoc meeting
- Presenting operational matters to the Board of Directors, when required
- Has an understanding of Luxembourg legislations as it effects entities under administration especially surrounding the Alternatives Fund structures
- Plays a key leadership role and contributes to the management, growth and success of the PE business
- Contribute to the management of the department as a whole and keep senior manager informed of significant developments
- Carry out staff recruitment and appraisals, ensure that absence is covered
- Work on ad-hoc internal projects and fulfil additional, relevant, tasks appropriate to the role and business requirement
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge of the administration of Private Equity funds to include structures and the regulatory requirement
- Previous management experience and strong leadership skills required
- Experience in administration in Funds/Private Equity
- Time Management & Organisational skills essential
- Effective Communication skills (Verbal & Written) essential
- Strong IT skills
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.