Core Operations, Assistant Vice President
Global Delivery offers custody and asset services ranging from Corporate Actions, Income, Proxy, Class Actions, and Tax.. We are comprised of experienced professionals across the globe, leveraging follow-the sun operating models, providing robust servicing across our client base.
We are looking for a subject matter expert that has experience across at least one, although ideally a range, of asset servicing activities covering: - Corporate Actions, Proxy voting, Income, Class Actions, Tax Reclaim
The individual will report into the CDM Singapore lead with matrix reporting to the Global Delivery Corporate Action COE
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Core Operations you will
- Act as an escalation point for urgent issues and work with the appropriate member within the Corporate Action Centre Of Excellence (COE) to resolve in a timely manner
- Develop strong relationship with the COE’s to keep abreast of product enhancements
- Where required, interact with clients to provide information around market practices, perform training (CApTAIN) as well as State Street Bank’s product offerings
- Respond to inquiries timely and accurately utilizing our inquiry management tool, assess inquiries to provide suggested improvements in products and service model
- On an adhoc basis, assist Global Delivery team in performing operational functions such as Sec lending Income claims, Security Sanction/Sec lending availability reviews, and ensure automated custody/accounting postings have completed. and Offshore Income payment approvals
- General understanding of accounting principles.
- Assist in training new employees
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Demonstrable experience gained across at least one of the asset servicing activities highlighted (ideally more than one), preferably with a Global Custodian
- Effective presentation and communication skills both externally to clients and internally to business partners
- Able to work effectively across complex organizations in multiple locations - primarily across functional teams within the Center of Excellence.
- Strong risk management, compliance and legal awareness, able to act independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft products
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English
- Degree qualified
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.