Team Lead, Private Equity
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
An opportunity has arisen for the role of Team Leader in the Private Equity Team. The team provides Fund Administration and Accounting, Financial Reporting and Transfer Agency Services to our clients.
This role will provide an opportunity for the successful candidate to strengthen his/her knowledge and experience of a dynamic and varied client environment and represents an exciting opportunity to work with a number of niche asset managers.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
- Has a good understanding of the various Alternative structures in Luxembourg and the regulatory requirements surrounding the different structures and demonstrate these through daily issues being addressed and answered;
- Overseeing the day to day operations and deliverables of the administration team, ensuring KPIs and deadlines are met;
- Review of the daily deliverables and tasks of the administration team and sign off/approve the various reports and work deliverables, including but not limited to client and investor onboarding and set up, capital call and distribution, cash management, client and investor queries;
- Adherence to the company policies and procedures and ensuring the relevant processes and controls are implemented by the administration team in performing their day to day functions;
- Performing the oversight review of the work performed by outsourced locations ensuring the oversight governance in place are adhered to;
- Understand the core principles of NT's client servicing model and demonstrate and understanding of these whilst performing your daily activities;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate at all levels whether external or internal clients and build a strong client relationship;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with other NT department and external parties like AIFMs, auditors, tax advisors to identify and address any issues arising;
- Be able to provide on the job training to all levels of the team;
- Team Lead and coach your direct reports demonstrating strong leadership skills and versatility to deal with all activities;
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Knowledge and proven experience in Private Equity Fund Administration and people management.
- Demonstrates commitment to producing high quality work and to timeframes required.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team player
- Knowledge of Investran would be an advantage
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
- Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
- Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
- Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.