Analyst, Compliance Testing
The Compliance Analyst works with the Global Compliance Testing (GCT) program by executing testing procedures (test scripts) to assess the levels of adherence with laws and regulations, as well as bank compliance processes. This partner detects potential Compliance issues and works with regional GCT Partners to frame the issue and root cause for Management. Responsibilities include:
- Review assigned laws/ regulations and related Compliance Risk Assessment in order to understand related test scripts for execution of testing
- Engage with Compliance SME’s to understand any matters for concern related to applicable reviews, as necessary
- Conduct and adequately document testing to assess compliance with and adherence to regulations/legislation
- Follow established policies, procedures and standards for testing activities
- Apply analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses or exceptions to policies / processes
- Validate and summarize testing results in clear, concise language
- Interact with business partners and internal auditors on regulatory topics as necessary
- Attend relevant training and information sessions to increase knowledge of the regulatory environment
- Assistance with validation testing of issues identified to ensure actions have been adequately closed
- Assistance with administrative duties such as: ensuring the issue log is up to date to enable accurate reporting on all issues, including any past due items
- Carries out complex activities with significant financial, client, and/or internal business impact
- May have direct interaction with committees and/or Senior Management
- Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor to other more junior level employees
- More technically sound in area of expertise and has broader knowledge of other areas
- Delivers a work product that requires less revision16. Able to facilitate discussions and reach decisions
- General knowledge of bank compliance regulations; knowledge of specific topics, e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, Economic Sanctions, GDPR, deposits, etc. is a plus
- Analytical ability to identify and understand compliance issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Possess the ability to handle multiple requests, and exhibit a proactive, hands-on approach to problem solving
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and SharePoint
- A minimum of 3-5 years of compliance, risk management, bank auditing, bank examination or equivalent related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant certifications or advanced degree a plus
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email us at APAC_Talent_Acquisition_Communications@ntrs.com
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.