Financial Planning & Analysis - Assistant Manager
Basic Purpose of Job:
The Centralized Reporting CoE Specialist provides subject matter knowledge in the assigned area of Financial Planning & Analysis, develops a thorough understanding of State Street’s business practices to effectively perform independent, complex reporting or analytics to support the ad-hoc needs of the Centralized Reporting COE and business unit Lead Financial Officer (LFO). Reporting to the Finance CoE Manager, the Specialist will be assigned to the Centralized Reporting COE, working remotely alongside in-market team members in performing a multitude of activities associated with the Centralized Reporting reporting and analytics of the assigned business units (BU).Responsibilities & Tasks Include:
- Completion of high quality deliverables within the committed timeframe. Deliverables vary by BU focus but typically relate to;
- Month/quarter/year-end closing and forecast
- Annual operational planning process (budget)
- Revenue reviews (direct revenues and allocated revenues)
- Prepare BoD, MC, Audit Committee Presentations.
- Multi-dimensional profitability (business, region, product and client)
- Business volumes trending (e.g. market activity, client activity headcount)
- Variance analysis along with preparation of management presentations describing insights
- New business pipeline/reporting including Constant Currency
- Detailed P&L, Balance Sheet and Return Metrics
- Standardized Consolidated Reporting Analytics for Global Services and Markets Division
- Self-review of reporting & analytics deliverables for first pass accuracy and presenting analytical results, findings as needed
- May be required to participate in or conduct a wide range of accounting and financial analyses on critical and complex issues which may include variance analysis, forecasts, budgeting, revenue drivers and accounting transactions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on a particular financial management matter
- Participates in or manages function specific projects as needed
- May develop and/or update various financial models to generate analyses
- Collects information and analytical needs from management to determine analysis approach
- Prepares reports and presentations packages. Interprets results for management.
- Provide guidance to less seasoned analysts
- Cater to Adhoc requests and enquiries from management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s and 8 – 10 years relevant experience or Master’s and min 5 – 8 years ideally covering multiple of the following:
- Financial Planning & Analysis in a global setting
- Direct support to business or product line management / executives
- Financial services setting
- Prior experience as a controller is a plus.
- Experience with preparation of budgets for multi-national companies
- Multi-dimensional profitability (business, product, client)
- Project experience
- Variance analysis and reporting of insights
- Financial modelling
- Multi Currency Multi-Dimensional Analysis
- Centralized Reporting and Analysis
- Revenue, Expense, HC and Allocation Workflow and Reporting
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong communication skills with ability to participate in or lead conference calls and present financial results to financial and non-financial audiences at various levels of seniority
- Pride of ownership with the ability to drive results within the Business
- Solid business knowledge as it relates to the financial services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advanced levels of excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and Longview 7 (or similar) a plus
- Knowledge of Spotfire, Cognos data analytics and visualization (or similar) a plus
- Strong Analytical skill set
- Financial product and institution knowledge
- This is a visible role. Excellent communication, organizational and presentation skills, and ability to present complex financial matters to management
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Results oriented ownership mindset
- Proactive and ability to build relationship with BU and Cross Functional Teams.
- Ability to analyze and summarize complex financial matters and their impact to the bank
- Ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.