Pensions Risk Manager (4 month contract) Global Pharma Company
Working for a Blue-Chip, pharmaceutical company, contributing to a high-profile project re-evaluating the risks in their Pension activity. Closing Date 17/07/21 8am
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company who are purpose led and performance driven; they exist to improve the quality of human life by helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
They are a a FTSE 100 organisation and have over 99,000 employees across 150 countries with a network of R&D and manufacturing sites across 36 countries.
From a D&I perspective, our client is one which promotes diversity of thought and provides an environment where employees can bring their whole selves to work in order to thrive.
They have signed up to a range of charters such as the Club gender Campaign, the Valuable 500 pledge and won awards such as being a Top 10 employer in the UK Stonewall Index and The Times Top 50 for Women. They also have a range of ethnicity initiatives as well as an Ethnic Diversity programme.
This role reports into the Director, Corporate Accounting & Governance and will sit within a team of circa 20 in this department.
- This role will be working for the pension schemes rather than the sponsoring employer you will be reporting to Trustees of the schemes
- Design and embedding of key finance and operational controls in relation to the Pension schemes
- Advise on process documentation relating to finance and operational risk management requirements for approval by the relevant board
- Ensure that pensions related risks and associated controls and monitoring procedures are identified, embedded and documented
Create and design training materials to assist risk monitoring and control operations
Provide training for relevant risk owners
Report on project outcomes and key changes identified to existing risk management processes
Liaise with key stakeholders including the benefits team (in HR) and the pensions team (in Treasury)
- You will receive guidance from other risk management professionals within the business such as the pensions finance partner, external consultants and others working on this project
CA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, IRM, GARP
Strong Finance background with Pensions experience and Pensions regulation
Experience in risk, compliance, governance, internal audit assessing finance processes and operations
SOX Compliance would be useful but not essential
Experience with internal control design and risk identification
Able to liaise with stakeholders at different levels
- Opportunity to work on a high profile project for a world leading pharmaceutical company
- Autonomy in the role as well as opportunity to work with the wider team
- Reporting into the Director
- £400-£530 per day on a day rate
- Potential for the role to extend (not guaranteed)
- 4 month role
- Remote working
- Closing Date: 17th July 8am