Zampa Debattista is looking for someone to be responsible for VAT compliance team.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the VAT compliance function of the firm.
- Handling and delegating client requests to the VAT team members.
- Review of complex VAT returns prepared by the VAT team.
- Handling VAT compliance complex assignments.
- Ensuring assignments are measured against budgets, time and resource requirement.
- Advising and assisting clients on VAT compliance queries, both from a local and international perspective.
- Assisting and reporting to the team leaders with the day to day operational duties on a variety of VAT matters.
- Supervising, motivating and developing other team members. This will include reviewing the work of junior personnel, as well as developing their skills.
- Keeping up to date with legislation and conducting continuous research on VAT technical matters.
The ideal candidate should:
- Hold a professional qualification in Accountancy or Law.
- Have a minimum of two years working experience in a similar role. Have a good knowledge of EU and local VAT legislation.
- Be results driven, with excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Be able to work on their own initiative.
- Have an excellent command of English.
- Be analytical with good problem-solving skills, ensuring high quality service delivery.
- Work with other departments to provide coordinate solutions to clients.
- Contribute to new business development opportunities whilst maintaining excising client relationships.