Team Leader, Staff Accountant II
Marsh and McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Kuala Lumpur Accounting Office:
Team Lead, Staff Accountant II
What can you expect?
- Be a part of a regional accounting operation team
- Elevate your accounting processing knowledge
- Interact diverse colleagues and stakeholders from various line of business within MMC
What is in it for you?
- Attractive performance driven incentives
- Participate in regional projects
- Career Development and Training Opportunities
We will count on you to:
- To be a Process Expert and support the team in achieving the agreed SLA and Metrics.
- Undertake key role of Payment Approvals within the team.
- Mentor Team members and provide training support. Be the first point of query management for the team members and engage with the stakeholders to ensure a seamless flow of information...
- Provide support to Team Manager or Operations Manager in order to meet SLA and Metrics on Accuracy, productivity and TAT per agreed standards with internal/external stakeholders to ensure the smooth and efficient deliveries
- Ensure smooth flow of communication with external and internal stakeholders with respect to query management
- Approve Payments, Receipts and Journals in accordance with agreed SOP and local compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Mentor new hires and ensure they achieve competency in the process.
- Support Team Manager in cross skilling and up skilling initiatives.
- Provide inputs to the Team Manager for specific training needs of the team members.
- Conduct regular refreshers in order to bridge the knowledge gap and also update the team on recent changes in the policies / procedures and devise ways to ensure retention of information by the team members.
- Create, maintain and regularly update process manuals.
- Conduct analysis for queries and errors and help the Team Manager in formulating action plan around it.
- Adhere to audit sampling guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to policies & procedures as per organization’s standards and laid out SOPs
- Highlight areas of improvement in process related risks
What you need to have:
- Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience in General Ledger/ Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivables transactions in a Shared Service or Insurance environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Good command in English is required
What makes you stand out:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Being team oriented