You’re ready aren’t you. . .
We are guessing you are already managing a portfolio, raring to turbo charge your career but are now ready for more complex clients to work with, would like to do more reviewing, developing junior team members and have a proper bespoke career plan.
Picture this, you would be joining a top 50, 17 Partner practice, although there are 150 people in the firm you would be joining a well-established Cloud Accounting team of16 as an Accounts Senior during a time of growth. The whole team support a vast array of different businesses across numerous industry sectors.
From the get-go you will have responsibility for your own portfolio of clients (mainly OMBs). Your clients will require different levels of support, but you will be Preparing and reviewing Stat and Management Accounts, reviewing client VAT and basiccorporate tax returns, reviewing client records and overseeing work going to the outsourced team in India. You get to review the returned work, as well as deal with queries from clients and support new clients with onboarding. All your experience will be fully utilised and there won’t ever be a dull moment, we can promise you that!
The Cloud Accounting team are growing and need someone like you, a 'XeroHero’ (cape not compulsory) who is keen to progress up the career ladder and you probably have Assistant Manager and Manager in your sights! You are looking to make the most of your qualified status (ACA or ACCA)and will grab the opportunity to work with Angie our learning and development specialist to get your development plan put in place.
The Nitty Gritty
We totally appreciate that joining a company during a pandemic isn’t going to be as straightforward as normal, but rest assured even before COVID-19 with our use of tech we were set up for homeworking and are ready to induct our newest team member and support them!
Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor) and visit the FAQ section on our careers page to see how we are continuing to support everyone through COVID-19 including adopting a hybrid working model (2 days at home, 3 days in the office) once you have completed your initial 2-week induction in the office.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA or ACCA qualified - to complement the existing team we can only consider fully qualified individuals for this opportunity
- Experience Managing a portfolio - happy reviewing work, preparing VAT returns, tax returns, preparing Statutory and Management Accounts
- Experience working in an Outsourcing Team - ability to manage workflow with our outsourced team in India to ensure deadlines are met
- VAT - did we mention VAT experience? This is an important part of the role
- Managing conflicting deadlines - You are probably a pro at this now having looked after a portfolio!
- Xero experience - This is our software of choice, if you are Xero certified we might even do a little happy dance this end
- Accounting software - if you have experience of working with other systems including CCH, Viztopia, Digita Personal Tax, Digita Accounts, Pro-audit, VPM, SAGE etc we still want to hear from you!
- Excel - this is a bit of a given for this type of job role, but if you love working your magic with formulas, V-Look Up and all the other mastery Excel is capable of you will fit in well here
- Communication skills - being able to chat with everyone, from demanding clients and coaching trainees in your team who need a little support with something, giving clear instructions to the outsourcing team
- Team player - sounds a bit cheesy but within our Cloud Accounting team everyone plays a part in the client journey
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
17 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
HYBRID working (2 days at home, 3 days office) - Tick
Flexible working hours - Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) - Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies.