Finance Analyst - Finance Planning & Accounting
Why apply for this role?
This is the perfect role for someone who has an interest in understanding the commercial drivers within Santander - you'll get the holistic view across the bank. The work you'll do will be high profile from day one. The information you'll be producing will go straight to the CEO and CFO, so a good attention to detail and pride in your work is paramount.
This is a dynamic role - you'll need to work well under pressure, react and respond to situations appropriately. And you'll be given the autonomy to make key decisions. If you're looking for a rewarding role with a high level of responsibility, and have performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Producing monthly management reports of results for submission to the senior management in Finance and to the Board and Executive Committees
- Analysing monthly and quarterly results (against Budget and Forecast as well as Trend Analysis)
- Managing relationships with internal customers, suppliers and stakeholders to ensure a high quality integrated service
- Improving the control framework of source data and making processes more efficient
- Implementing policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure best practice
- Producing ad hoc analysis, often to tight timescales
What we're looking for
- CIMA\ACCA\ACA part-qualified is essential
- Good communication skills and ability to engage with different stakeholders
- Attention to detail and ability to understand and work data
- Commercial awareness and some knowledge of Financial, Capital and liquidity ratios is essential
- Good business acumen
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills. Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase or a similar finance system is desirable
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.