A permanent Payroll Manager post for a large Reading based employer, a well known retail business that has grown significantly over the last few years. They are looking for someone to join them in acting as the Manager/Team Lead for a busy, high volume payroll department.
This business is based in central Reading and has a large, well known payroll team, dealing with weekly 7 monthly payrolls. They operate in a competitive marketplace and have significantly grown over the last few years.
The key duties will be to:
- Manage a team including assisting with hiring, coaching and appraising
- Lead and oversee the administration of weekly and four weekly payrolls, ensuring that payrolls are paid accurately and on time
- Help ensure that the team is compliant with relevant rules and legislation
- Finalisation and payment processing in respect of company payrolls
- Overseeing pension administration and returns
- Applying PAYE regulations and company rules on calculating and entering company and statutory payments
- Drive team performance including identifying improvements and efficiencies
- Lead on knowledge of tax and other regulations in relation to team support
- Assist with monthly reconciliation process and resolution of any payroll discrepancies
- Demonstrate and maintain a positive customer service focus to both internal and external payroll customers
- Work cross functionally with other departments
- Oversee the validation and processing of spreadsheets
- Check and sign correspondence where required
- Assist with year-end duties such as balancing, reconciliations. Process P11D information and PSA returns
- Develop team members and perform activities that help with long term retention of team members
- Support the administration of the flexitime system for head office employees
- Assist with special projects related to the payroll function
- Research and prepare special reports for management and ensure reporting needs within the company are met
- Validate and process EDI & RTI files
- Carry out problem and error analysis including period end checks
The successful Payroll Manager/Team Leader will show:
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
The Payroll Manager will come with:
Competitive salary, circa £43,000 - £50,000
Bonus of up to 15%
Compeitive wider benefits
Central Reading location for public transport