AVP - Oracle EPM Lead
Team and business context:
State Street is looking to hire a senior EPM Lead/Manager.
The exact designation / fitment will be a result of the evaluation and fitment process that the candidate will undergo as part of this application process.
Corporate Finance is responsible for managing all corporate financial systems including the Billing Transformation Platform (BTP) using Oracle Revenue Management and Billing (ORMB) to build the next generation comprehensive billing platform for State Street. BTP initiative covers the design and implementation of end-to-end standard billing processes: Client Setup, Billing Data, Charges, Invoice Distribution, Adjustments, Accounting , Operations Management, and Reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Experience:
India based FP&A Development Lead/Manager responsible for leading effort to deliver Oracle EPM solutions to our Finance group. Candidate will participate in functional requirements discussions and work with development group located in the US. Modules include ARCS (Transaction Matching and Recon Compliance), FCCS, Planning and Budgeting Cloud, EDMCS, and HPCM. Essbase also plays a key role in Finance Delivery and Analytics. State Street is also in the process of moving to Oracle Finance Cloud and Procurement Cloud and we will be looking to provide streamlined integrations with EPM products. Expected to manage team members in India GIC to support these initiatives. Needs to work in an on-shore/off-shore model working with business /development teams across continents.
Candidate Qualifications & competencies:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (MBA / CA / CFA, etc.), with 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability in working with software teams involved in Oracle EPM solutions to Finance groups within large global financial services institutions.
- Demonstrated leadership in improving/building-out of the billing technology functions for multiple geographies and business areas
- Experience assisting with technology re-engineering processes and driving similar centralization of the end-to-end activities for the major financial institutions
- Experience managing technology teams
Primary techno-functional skills (Must Have):
- Solid working experience on FP&A Development, Oracle EPM solutions to Finance groups
- Modules include ARCS (Transaction Matching and Recon Compliance), FCCS, Planning and Budgeting Cloud, EDMCS, and HPCM. Essbase for Finance Delivery and Analytics.
- As part of process of moving to Oracle Finance Cloud and Procurement Cloud, we will be looking to Ability to provide streamlined integrations with EPM products.
Delivery and Program management:
- Act as the delivery owner for the assigned team
- Manage work delivery and related team management activities - the size of the team will vary depending on business requirements
- Primarily give oversight to, perform requirement gathering, design, testing, UAT support, etc.
- Monitor delivery progress and provide periodic updates to Senior Management
- Setup and maintain team which will service the assigned business teams within State Street
- This role will involve working closely with teams in the US and other cities in India, and hence working in late nights will be a regular feature.
Candidate needs to be agreeable to this requirement.
We expect the candidate to get fully up to speed functionally in the business functionality of the assigned team and also get fully up to speed with the architecture and technology of the applications that the assigned team is working on - effectively, be an SME in the area.
- The candidate will need to collaborate across teams for strong integration of development, production support and testing ensuring seamless integration of technology delivery
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the stakeholders
- Create, plan and manage initiatives, projects and activities for the assigned teams
Team building and Management:
- Should manage, track and drive all the hiring activities and tasks for the group. This involves tracking and maintaining the trackers, dashboards, prepare and distribute all related hiring reports and metrics
- Should be able to work on tracking resource forecasting, billing and related metrics reporting
- Be conversant with and be able to successfully manage common cultural nuances specific to the India teams
- Retain accountability for the overall performance of the assigned team
- Establish and nurture a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability into staff members’ behavior in performing their roles
- Building a team will involve considerable hiring activity which includes working on week-ends. If necessary the candidate needs to be present on week-ends, when ever week-end hiring activities take place.
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework to ensure that issues are appropriately identified, escalated and resolved.
Competency building and Knowledge Management:
- Responsible for capacity and capability building for the assigned teams
- Actively work on team management, training & competency development, monitoring team performance on ongoing basis
- Actively manage employee engagement, attrition management and talent development and management in the team
Stakeholder Management, Organization initiatives and development:
- Lead and participate in business meetings, presentations, and conferences as and when required
- Actively contribute to initiatives / horizontal org work stream contributions like knowledge management, risk management, etc. cutting across different teams level
- Be a strong advocate of HR policies and procedures ensuring all employees adhere to the core values and the operating culture
- Be a catalyst in driving cultural integration ensuring the local team thinks global while acting local
- Promote diversity and inclusion, providing transparency in organizational work activities
- Ensure talent planning, management and related supporting deliverables including but not limited to - succession planning, critical role identification, coaching and diversity hiring are done with the partnership of both global functional managers and HR
- Promote the culture of risk excellence in people, process and technology aspects. Ensure self and team anticipates, monitors, actively manages and reports all risk and related issues.
- Contribute to India GIC growth strategy as relevant and required
- Given that this is intended to be a lead role, the hiring and management / administrative responsibility will not be limited to just this team alone, but the candidate will need to work on and help with this activity for other teams within the group as needed.
- We pride ourselves in maintaining an open and transparent work culture - this directly translates to ensuring that the organization is as flat as possible - so candidate needs to fit into this culture - should be eager and willing to roll-up sleeves and tackle activities ranging from most basic to the most complex as part of team and delivery management.
Other essential skills:
- Ability to prepare and track project plans (software as well as general management projects)
- Ability to understand software project and delivery risks, hiring risks and related analysis
- Has vast experience in software engineering - SDLC, Agile, Waterfall; hands on software coding/development, testing and prod support; experience in managing direct day-to-day activities of team members who will be working towards servicing the business needs
- Should have Delivery/Project lead experience in BFSI domain
- Good understanding of the EPM area.
- Should have experience in delivering large scale, complex and transformational projects.
- Ability to manage large diversified teams spread across multiple locations or regions and distributed workforce (Employee and IT vendors)
- Should be fluent in English - both written and oral
- Must have very strong verbal, written & communication skills, good team player with ability to work well in cross functional teams, ability to interact and work with senior management, good with tight & strict deadlines and easily adjusts to shifting priorities
- Must be able to do multitasking, attention to detail and turning around analysis under tight deadlines
- Challenge taker and independent thinker with proven interpersonal and analytical skills
- Self-starter with ability to work in multiple projects with varying priorities
- Judgement and Problem solving - Thinks ahead, anticipates questions, plans for contingencies, finds alternative solutions and identifies clear objectives. Sees the big picture and effectively analyses complex issues
- reativity/Innovation - Looks for new ways to improve current processes and develop creative solutions that are grounded in reality and have practical value
- Influencing Outcomes - Presents sound, persuasive rationale for ideas or opinions. Takes a position on issues and influences others' opinions and presents persuasive recommendations
About State Street:
At State Street, we partner with institutional investors all over the world to provide comprehensive financial services, including investment management, investment research and trading, and investment servicing. Through continual evolution it has become one of the world’s leading custodial banks. State Street is a global financial institution with 36,000+ employees, having Offices in 29 countries serving more than 100 markets. We provide liquidity across 34 international markets, with approximately $3.64 trillion in lendable assets.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.