Indirect Tax Analyst
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
About the role
The Indirect Tax Analyst will be part of Kerry’s growing indirect tax compliance team which is responsible for the indirect tax compliance reporting requirements and associated financial controls for a growing number of countries. Kerry’s primary ERP system is SAP, with reporting from time to time from other systems and government portals. Indirect tax is a transactional tax and in addition to preparing indirect tax returns, we work with other Kerry functions to ensure that the end-to-end business process is compliant and efficient. Key stakeholders for this role are the Tax function and local Financial Controllers, especially in relation to tax audits and documentary requirements. However, we also work closely with Supply Chain, Order to Cash, General Ledger, Procure to Pay and other parts of Kerry.
- Prepare to review stage periodic indirect tax returns (monthly)
- Prepare or review indirect tax GL account reconciliations and Turnover reconciliations and follow up on any open items (monthly)
- Organize the indirect tax payments and submit returns centrally (where government procedures allow centralized filing)
- Prepare a monthly indirect tax debtor report that corresponds with indirect tax reconciliations
- Support the indirect tax compliance manager in relation to standardization / documentation of processes and controls for indirect tax
- Ad-hoc projects associated with indirect tax as needed e.g. audit preparation, process improvement, acquisitions / disposals, new SAP deployments
- Assign indirect tax rates to materials / products in master data workflow according to guidelines provided
- First point of escalation from data stewards in relation to tax data for new vendor / customer set ups
- Help to resolve transactional queries from other business functions and prevent avoidable issues for the future
Qualifications and skills
- Degree or equivalent in relevant area e.g. Finance/Accounting/Applied ICT or similar with at least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role in a multinational, Shared Services environment
- Good knowledge of SAP (other ERP systems also will be considered) and advanced MS Excel analysis skills is required
- Kerry business language is English, so good spoken and written business English is a pre-requisite. Ability to speak any other languages are a plus, but not required
- Mandarin is required/strongly preferred to liaise with China team
- Strong numerical skills with high level of accuracy
- Organised work methodology and the ability to work to deadlines and generally complete tasks quickly and correctly
- Team player who is comfortable both sharing knowledge and learning new ways of working, both within indirect tax and when working with other functions
- Curious, solution-oriented mindset with an interest in identifying and developing process improvements
- Comfortable working independently on defined projects in a supportive environment
- Ensure your CV is up-to-date and highlights clearly those areas that support your suitability
- Excel Assessment
- Phone interview with Recruiter
- Shortlisted candidates will have 2 round Video interviews with Hiring Managers
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.