Fund Accounting Specialist
Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
The Fund Accounting Specialist is an entry level position responsible for assisting in a variety of fund valuation activities in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to assist in the calculation of daily and periodic Net Asset Valuations (NAVs) for funds and the distribution of associated unit prices.
- Complete activities relating to the accurate and timely delivery of valuations for defined clients
- Review stock and cash reconciliations to ensure the exceptions noted have no NAV impact and items cleared are treated
- Analyze cause and suggest enhancements for recurring exceptions through review of reconciliations and analysis of NAVs
- Assist in ensuring the corporate actions are correctly reflected on the NAV
- Assist in the collection and analysis of relevant management information from an operational and client perspective
- Aid in the ongoing development of team processes, procedures, and positive working environment
- Aid in the prompt investigation and resolution of client queries, and ensure client Service Level Agreement (SLA) and deadlines are met
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Relevant experience will be an advantage
- Experience within financial services
- Knowledge of financial market operations, accounting, and basics of financial instruments
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting
- Basic knowledge of organization and policies
- Studying for ACCA, ACA or CIMA will be an advantage
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication in English
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Competitive salary
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.