Our client, a leading university, is looking to appoint a Tax Accountant initially for a 12 month period into the Financial Control team.
Our client is a research-rich, business-focused, professional university with a global reputation for academic excellence. It is based in the heart of Newcastle and additionally has campuses in London and Amsterdam, and partners with other higher education institutions across the world.
- Responsible for VAT accounting within the University
- Responsible for corporation tax returns
- Provide technical advice on direct and indirect tax related issues, including international tax
- Provide assistance with global mobility issues and employment tax compliance
- Develop a tax strategy, involving a review of the tax aspects of the University's overseas activity and operations
- Responsible for fixed asset reporting
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CA/ACCA)
- CTA desirable
- Ability and appetite to keep up to date with relevant legislation, regulations and codes of practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to develop and implement efficient and effective working practices
- Excellent salary
- Generous annual leave entitlement and option to purchase further days
- Excellent pension scheme