Accounts Payable Administrator - Opportunities
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Administrator to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle.
Please Note: This is for future opportunities within Balfour Beatty's Accounts Payable team and we may not respond to your application within the normal timescales.
The Accounts Payable team provide financial, administrative and clerical support to the organisation. We contribute to ensuring sure our supply chain are paid to terms through processing, verifying and reconciling invoices received into the company
What you'll be doing
As an Accounts Payable Administrator, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure suppliers adhere to paperless invoice submission
- Process any paper based invoice exceptions, ensuring compliance to processes and procedures
- Accurate processing of manual invoices, including appropriate coding and ensuring relevant approval received.
- Accurate processing of three way match vendor invoices, matching vendor invoice to the goods receipt/purchase order
- Ensure that supplier accounts are paid in accordance with agreed terms
- Solve queries on mismatched invoices and orders in conjunction with procurement and business teams
- Reconcile supplier accounts and resolve any resulting queries & discrepancies which may arise with missing or held invoices.
- Deal with e-mail queries from internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
- Communicate within the team to resolve queries efficiently
- Engage positively with team meetings, huddles and wider business forums
- Support team members with workload during time of absence or high activity, to ensure business needs are met
- Maintain good knowledge of ERP and other systems
- Work within all sub teams within the Accounts Payable function as required
Who we're looking for
The following qualities are essential:
- Self-motivated with an aptitude to accept responsibility for own learning and development
- Organised with the ability to prioritise and multi task due to high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Meticulous and accurate with impeccable attention to detail
- A confident communicator with a good telephone manner and able to build relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer focus and a passion for quality service delivery
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Flexible and able to adapt to working in different teams as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
The following experience is desirable, but not essential:
- Working towards T Level 2 or other professional exams e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ICM
- Experience of working within the Oracle ERP system
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beattys Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.