Manager - Finance - FS - Oracle Cloud ERP
The Finance Business Consulting team is looking for a Manager level consultant with a strong delivery track record in Enterprise Resource Planning who is able to leverage technology-based solutions to deliver business outcomes, for our clients.
We are looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do, and who will further add to the continued success of our team.
Based in London (other locations in our UK National Markets offices will be considered), but as part of a global organisation, the role will involve working with our UK and Global FS clients. EMEIA and international assignments are also a possibility.
As a Manager you will be working alongside senior management in delivering a variety of Oracle Cloud ERP projects as well as offering valuable insights and advice to clients to support them in making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. You will also support business and practice development of the Finance Business Consulting team. You will be a trusted business advisor to our clients with a strong Oracle Cloud ERP implementation background.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing delivery of Oracle Cloud ERP implementation projects including oversight of requirement gathering, solution design and build, preparation of UAT scripts, business readiness, training material preparation through to go-live and post go-live support
- Managing and leading design workshops and understanding the clients accounting requirements and translate to application configuration
- Providing oversight to the team designing and supporting the deployment of Oracle Cloud ERP Solutions Architecture
- Defining and managing engagement mobilisation through scoping, planning and defining outcomes
- Managing and challenging post review of functional and technical designs against business requirements
- Partnering with key roles to create well-defined solutions that are aligned to client`s Business and IT Strategies and leverage common solutions and services to meet key project goals
- Establishing and managing effective working relationships with peer-level clients as part of project delivery roles
- Ensure client satisfaction by providing timely, value-added services that meet or exceed expectations
- Managing delivery teams including reviewing / challenging outputs produced by team members and providing guidance to junior team members
- Identifying opportunities for and securing new business
- Managing and co-leading practice development activities with Senior Management and contributing to thought leadership
- Developing strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, managing EY accounts and to bring all of EY to clients
- Training, coaching, and supervising junior staff
- Developing and delivering training material and managing team communications
- Aiding business development activities as well as managing the development and delivery of high-quality proposals as part of a bid team
- Contributing to the development of your own and the team's technical skills by establishing a culture of highest performing teams, inclusive behaviours, and emotional intelligence
- Managing the sharing of knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learned
Typical experience may include, whilst not limited to:
- Significant hands-on consulting experience at a Big 4, major systems integrator or top tier consulting firm within financial services (Banking, Capital Markets or Insurance), or a transformation role in industry
- Experience of working in a consulting role in Financial Services, or a transformation role in industry, ideally in Banking, Capital Markets and/or Insurance
- Experience of leading/managing 2-3 full implementations of Oracle Cloud Financials
- Use of Finance technologies including Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) Applications
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Cloud Financials with direct experience
- Knowledge of one of the following: “invoice scanning, payables, payments and bank integration” or “procurement, approvals, purchasing, role definition and workflow” or “GL, accounting hub (AHCS), assets and SLA rules”
- Significant exposure across the ERP transformation lifecycle spanning design, build, test and release
- Strong knowledge about Oracle Cloud ERP architectural principles, including ledger design (e.g. leading and non-leading), subledger strategy, integration, reporting approach, accounting rules, multi-GAAP and multi-currency principles
- Understanding of how to leverage Cloud and other emerging technologies
- Chart of accounts, data model and organisation structure re-design
- Finance and accounting business process optimisation
- Review of functional and technical designs against business requirements / challenges
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure
- Confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership expertise across engagement and practice teams
- Always display excellent communication and presentation skills to people across all levels of an organisation
- Able to apply logic and problem solving to complex Finance business problems
- Knowledge of the key issues and challenges currently facing CFOs in the financial services sector
- Take personal responsibility for the quality of delivery
- Instil a positive team mentality, even when under pressure, by treating their colleagues well and creating an inclusive culture
- Extremely comfortable and confident around senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Extremely comfortable with Excel and PowerPoint. Much of our work involves detailed analysis and report writing, so it is critical you can work with these tools
- A first level university degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above is common but not compulsory
- An accounting qualification (ACA, ACMA, ACCA) applied in a financial institution would be beneficial, but not essential
- Technical and programme management certification, where relevant
- Process excellence accreditation qualifications
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.