Non-executive Director at The Diamond Learning Partnership
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust seeks up to three non-executive directors/trustees; at least one will possess skills in accountancy or auditing whilst others will have broad business skills. Board meetings are held at PE19 2QE when safe to do so.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
The Diamond Learning Partnership Trust, has fourteen schools across Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Peterborough and seeks up to three non-executive directors/trustees to add capacity to the current board and prepare for future developments. The trust is keen to receive interest from senior executives ideally with some boardroom experience to provide strategic advice and guidance. At least one of the new trustees will have skills in accountancy or auditing whilst others will have broad business skills and experience willing to offer challenge and support to enhance the trust's strategic development. Board meetings are held at PE19 2QE when safe to do so.
The board seeks up to three business leaders with board level experience in
- financial/audit/qualifed accountant OR
- strategic development OR
- business development OR
- growth OR
- HR OR
- risk OR
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 - 24 months:
- Build skills and capacity at all levels from the board through the staff to the children. Specifically for the board - the intention is to add up to three new trustees to further enhance the challenge and scrutiny, possibly adding an additional subcommittee without overstretching the current board;
- Strategic growth - explore the circumstances as the when is the best time to expand further without unduly affecting other schools within the trust;
- Drive-up standards across all the schools to ensure they are each the school of choice within their communities;
- Maintain prudent financial management - the trust has firm but effective budgetary controls with a reserves policy which means money is spent appropriately with enough 'cushion' to manage unexpected demands. The Board is keen to add additional financial capacity as it considers succession planning at all levels.
Board governance in education is a strategic, 'eyes on, hands off' commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours' time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
People from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please register your interest now to be considered for the role.
A full trust specification is available on the Academy Ambassadors website by clicking apply.
Please be aware the closing date may change if we have received sufficient applications.