Corporate Tax Advisor w/Portuguese
We currently have an opening for an experienced Corporate Tax Advisor with fluent Portuguese to join our Krakow Office. The role reports directly to the Corporate Tax Manager and its main purpose is to ensure that the constant changes in legislation are properly shared with Finance Operations (FO) team and aligned with Shell business stakeholders, in the way that tax team is able to meet Brazilian Law obligations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing tax advice and ensuring that the business and tax risks are understood and managed.
- Supporting corporate area with the focus on direct tax (IRPJ, CSLL, PIS and COFINS, IOF, others).
- Working with business stakeholders to develop and maintain a common agenda between advice area and business, incl. raising tax awareness in the business through training and workshops.
- Cooperating with FO tax and providing support for the delivery of accurate tax reporting and compliance.
- Supporting FO tax and business stakeholders in daily activities by analyzing the impacts of tax legislation changes for corporate area, including among others, tax allowance, tax calculations, tax returns, etc.
- Working with other colleagues in Shell Brazil tax department (e.g., others tax advisors, corporate & compliance, litigation) to ensure complete coverage of all tax related issues and risks.
- Supporting tax litigation in case of any tax inspection associated with corporate, including electronic channel communication with Tax Authorities due to attend any information requested.
- Leveraging /optimizing the integration with FO Tax and interfaces with feeder process to provide quality and timely advise to compliance and end-to-end process improvements.
- Collaboration within Tax, FO, Finance & Group to optimize compliance processes.
- Promoting learning mindset and optimize learnings from errors, incidents and near misses.
- Proactively engaging in automation developments and co-create FO Tax digitalization vision.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Law/Tax or related field
- Work experience in financial positions (tax, accounting, finance), incl. minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in direct taxes area
- Strong tax and tax law knowledge, incl. tax disputes support experience preferable
- Fluent Portuguese and English
- Expertise in Brazilian tax (with the focus on direct tax) and associated law/regulations;
- Understanding of business transaction, with the focus on tax optimization, which results in tax impacts which need to be managed;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks and balance risk with business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business.
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent communications/stakeholder engagement skills, both written and oral
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.