Finance Project Coordinator
We are looking for a Finance Projects Coordinator to join our team in Finance Operations!
In this role you will be supporting our Finance team, organising and delivering key business projects/events.
You will ideally have some experience of working in a Finance department but we are especially looking for an excellent project coordinator! As the Finance Projects Coordinator you will be coordinating multiple projects and events while liaising with all different stakeholders in the business, brand partners and 3rd party suppliers. Therefore you'll need to be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate projects and people in a fast paced environment and in a professional way, while also considering the impact on all other business areas and being aware of controls, procedures and auditability.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to join us in a brand new role to the Finance team! We are based at our head office in Leicestershire LE19 and the role is predominately based in the office.
About the Role:
- Lead / support on business and finance projects and events, and other ad hoc activities as required
- Recording and documenting projects by means of powerpoint decks, meeting agendas and minutes, project timelines, plus team and client meeting management
- Responsible for supporting the project team with planning and execution of multiple key events
- Maintain a strong and effective working relationship with internal project teams, Business Partners and the wider Finance department
- Advise Project Managers on appropriate financial set up for projects
- Coordination and organisation of 3rd party services, support with the management of deliverables and SLA’s
- All operational aspects of setup and maintenance relating to payment service providers
- Coordination of Retail Store opening and closures relating to Stock, Banking & Payment activities
- Create, maintain and implement operational policies and processes
- Prepare and distribute scheduled and ad hoc analysis and reporting around business responsibility areas
What we are looking for:
- An excellent and experienced project coordinator with proven experience in a large company, working cross functionally with proven ability to deliver to strict deadlines
- Ideally experience of working within a Finance or similar department
- The ability to work productively, efficiently and effectively, maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Excellent planning & organisation skills
- Demonstrates self motivation and an ability to work on own initiative and is confident making decisions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, coupled with the ability to comfortably present to all levels
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- The willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing business needs.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box.
- Exceptional working knowledge of MS Office (esp. MS Excel) suite of products, Google Gsuite is desirable
- SQL and Microsoft SSMS experience is desirable
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.