Tax Advisor w/Portuguese
We are currently looking for an experienced Tax Advisor with fluent Portuguese to join our Shell Business Operations in Krakow.
The Tax Advisory role is a hands-on work which involves providing tax technical support to the business, other support functions and other members of the tax team in Brazil and globally. Reporting into the Senior Tax Adviser NOV (non-operator venture), you will be accountable for the management, quality, and delivery of tax advice as the subject matter expert. You will deliver value as the first line of tax support, providing local and cross-border advice and supporting negotiations on deal aspects.
- Providing tax advice on complex, cross-border issues and projects.
- Leading NOVs audits from Tax standpoint, converging all assets in which Shell figures as non-operator (NOV).
- Working with business stakeholders to develop and maintain a common agenda between advice area and business.
- Assist in raising tax awareness in the business and influence NOV partners through training, seminars, legal opinions and workshops.
- Design and recommend optimal tax solutions and related entity and contractual structures for the purpose of meeting legal requirements, reducing exposure and maximizing shareholder value.
- Ballots review
- All other activities as required, such as:
- Ensuring that the business and tax risks are understood and man aged
- Assisting with enquiries regarding the tax implications of business transactions and structures
- Working with business to understand commercial strategy to ensure early identification of tax risks and development of ideas for reduce tax costs
- Working with colleagues in Corporate Tax Team and in Shell Brazil tax department (e.g., others tax advisors, corporate & compliance, litigation) to ensure complete coverage of all tax related issues and risks
- Reviewing contractual documentation to identify and mitigate tax risks
- Assisting in the handling of tax audits, defense and disputes when needed
- Proactively managing new legislation and proposed legislative changes to tax in the territories in which Shell Brazil operates through direct shaping, industry group participation and working with advisors
- Cooperating with Finance Operations (FO) tax, providing support to FO for the delivery of accurate tax reporting and compliance in accordance with local and international accounting standards
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Law/Tax or related field
- Work experience in financial positions (tax, accounting, finance), incl. minimum of 5 years’ experience in tax advisory
- Strong tax and tax law knowledge, incl. tax disputes support experience preferable
- Fluent Portuguese and English
- Expertise in Brazilian tax (with the focus on direct tax) and associated law/regulations;
- Understanding of business transaction, with the focus on tax optimization, which results in tax impacts which need to be managed;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks and balance risk with business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the business.
- Strong team working skills
- Excellent communications/stakeholder engagement skills, both written and oral
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong commercial focus
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.