MY - Senior Consultant - Global Tax Center Asia
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
In an increasingly demanding global environment, managing tax and statutory account deadlines is becoming more challenging. With our team of professionals experienced in Indirect tax, IFRS, US GAAP, GAAP conversion technology, tax consulting and project management, Deloitte helps businesses meet the challenges of multi-jurisdictional VAT, Statutory Accounting and reporting requirements.
We help clients transform processes and technologies to enhance efficiencies, align data, and improve transparency from ERP systems all the way through the reporting and documentation process focusing on regional centralisation of indirect tax returns and financial statement preparation.
We are looking for an indirect tax professional to join our team in the Global Tax Center Asia team, to focus primarily on APAC regional delivery of GST/VAT returns as well as to coordinate the delivery of tax and accounting services for corporate clients in the APAC region. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a team headquartered in Singapore and will manage an offshore support team.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, all consultants across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand objectives for stakeholders, clients and Deloitte whilst aligning own performance to objectives and sets personal priorities.
- Develop themselves by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador.
- Seek opportunities to challenge themselves, collaborate with others to deliver and takes accountability for results.
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and stakeholders.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or commerce related field. Candidates with recognised professional certification such as ACCA / MICPA etc will also be considered.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in reviewing and handling indirect tax/ VAT (for more than one country) preferably gained from a Big 4 accounting firm or other related organisations.
- Strong research and project management skills
- Highly organized and have a strong analytical mind
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.