Operations Client Service - Assistant Manager
- Good understanding of Global Custody and Securities account opening
- Good understanding of Omnibus account structure, and individual account opening at global securities market
- Understanding of State Street internal Omni Structure
- Differentiation between Documentation and Non Documentation markets
- Bridge the gap between with Client service teams, account opening and local sub custodian banks to facilitate client account openings, closings, conversions, renewals and amendment requests smoothly
- Participate in sub custodian/ management calls as required
- Manage client escalations and be able to provide appropriate response in timely manner
- Guide, coach and develop staff
- Work with sub custodians to be able to manage multiple expectations of stake holders
- Understand client documentation and assist the team members in interpreting the client documentation
- Possess excellent negotiation skills to be able to work with the sub custodians during stringent timelines or when exceptions are required
- Engage the team actively in team activities, knowledge shares session.
- Own up and resolve issues and prioritize actions with minimal assistance from reporting manager.
- Ensure high levels of service are maintained
- Proactively work with multiple region stake holders and get good feedback for self and the team.
- Be able resolve any issues/ act as a single point of contact for queries related to the team and gain the confidence of onshore management
- Recognize and appreciate team members who go above and in their daily course of work
- Encourage participation of team members in projects and continuous improvement ideas and department/ organization wide initiatives
- Understand global markets account structure