F&BM Transformation Quantitative Research
This role is within the Top Down Modeling division of F&BM Transformation, which focuses on the use of models to rapidly generate high-level forecasts of firm financials for budget, stress, and ad-hoc exercises. The group engages internal partners in P&A and other parts of the Finance organization at both the LOB and Corporate level to build models and tools that facilitate quick approximations and forecasts of financial line items. This work complements the objectives of other Garages in F&BM Transformation which are focusing on improving the productivity of bottom up forecasting models, technology systems, and data.
The Quantitative Research associate will gain significant exposure to one of the most complex income statements and balance sheets within financial services. You will be responsible for understanding how all products across the firm function, how the firm currently models that behavior, and how to develop new modeling approaches that provide more rapid forecasts. Your work will be consumed by senior leaders across the company, and you will have frequent opportunities to present and explain your models.
- Develop statistical models for forecasting the behavior of a wide range of products across multiple lines of business.
- Partner with other team members to analyze the performance of your models on an ongoing basis and conceptualize improvements in response to changing business conditions.
- Understand how existing Finance and Risk models throughout the firm are designed and create methods for approximating the behavior of these models.
- Learn the economics of the business, including how to measure product profitability and how the firm accounts for its each activities.
- Master’s or PhD degree within a quantitative field, including but not limited to statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering, economics, finance, or similar
- Strong knowledge of statistical and machine learning methods.
- Good programming skills in Python and/or R
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Excellent quantitative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Adept at written and oral communication as the job entails owning a project and communicating results with experienced leaders
- The candidate should have the desire and ability to work efficiently on cross functional teams with diverse skill sets
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.