Who we are looking for
Reporting to the Senior Associate this position is a unique opportunity for a suitable candidate to gain exposure to large multi-class, multi-manager, multi-currency portfolios that invest in a variety of instruments (including derivatives) and as a result, the pricing of these positions, reconciliations, corporate actions and dividends.
The environment is process driven and involves completion of Net Asset Value of Monthly Hedge funds and oversight of related processes completed out of multi-locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Associate -2 role you will
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and timely production of the Monthly Net Asset Value Analytical review and validation of each component of the NAV across the various product types, completing additional bespoke tasks due to the monthly NAV environment and complexity of products held.
- Daily reconciliation review, investigation of cash and position reconciliations, liaising with multiple departments for timely break resolution.
- Processing of accounting transactions on valuations system
- Daily interactions with Fund Managers and Trading Advisors ensuring a high level of service is provided at all times.
- Daily interaction with other internal State Street departments servicing this client.
- Review of overall job process with a view to further efficiencies and risk mitigation Training of new team members
What we Value
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- High motivated and energetic
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel including the ability to utilise complex formulas and functions
- Ability to collate and analyse large quantities of data Good understanding of derivatives an advantage
- Good working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word and PowerPoint Strong written & verbal communication skills Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a large team
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines Possess excellent organisational, planning and co-ordination skills. Ability to work collaboratively with teams across the globe mindful of different languages/cultures. Equivalent to a minimum second class honour's degree in Business, Accounting or related field.
- 1 year related experience desirable.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.