Job DescriptionSupports the business or vendor partners by contributing to the development of plans for end to end source to pay and accounts payable process. Partners with S2P and AP managers to execute effectively throughout the source to pay management lifecycle project. Responsible for all service areas of the assigned activity. The assigned activity is often complex in nature. "PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES"
- (Includes an estimated percentage of time spent on each responsibility. Actual time spent may fluctuate throughout the year and vary by specific position or department assignment.)
- Responsible to manage the end to end Accounts Payable invoice life cycle from including receipt of invoices till payment to suppliers, also responsible to partner closely with S2P leads on PO compliance and other control activities
- Independently and accurately manages the assigned tasks, reviewing the third-party vendor payment history to ensure purchase order is created for in scope engagements as per BNYM vendor engagement policy and provides guidance to more junior team members to improve their proficiency
- End to end knowledge in Procure to pay process with emphasis in Accounts Payable area, conceptual knowledge in Source to Pay
- Share best practices from industry and contribute to end-to-end cycle time improvement
- Devise proactive metrics to ensure SLAs/KPIs are meeting and exceeding expectations
- Responsible for analyzing data and partner with respective Owners to improve Paid on time
- Lead calls/meetings with Business to explain root causes that are affecting paid on time and devise improvement plans
- Responsible to manage third party service provider with respect to day-to-day operations
- Good understanding of trends in the industry with respect to technology/processes and ability to replicate/implement
- Strong in converting data to actionable insights and present to Senior Management
- Drive high performance culture by setting highest standards of work and enabling the Team with necessary tools to succeed
- Develops working relationships with the wider S2P team in order to deliver tasks relating to their assigned activity in a consistent and repeatable manner, with a clear focus on improving Paid on time, reducing escalations, driving efficiency and effectiveness in the process.
JOB SCOPECo Scope is limited to the quality and accurate completion of own work as well as effective collaboration across key support functions. Contributes to the achievement of team goals. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives. Qualifications EDUCATION
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Commerce/MBA (Finance) or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred; knowledge of end to end source to pay/Accounts Payable operations including PO transformation initiatives
- Prior experience of end to end Purchase Order management and good understanding of control framework of Procure to Pay/Source-To-Pay operations
- Prior experience of change management in Source-To-Pay operations is mandatory
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.