CIB F&BM Global Clearing Balance Sheet and Capital Controller
Two years ago JP Morgan established their Product Control presence in Warsaw with a vision to create a center of excellence that would be fully responsible for all aspects of the process and be the primary face off to all stakeholders including Front Office Traders and Market Risk. This provides their Warsaw controllers with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding and knowledge of the entire function and a full oversight of the workings of one of the World’s leading investment banks. Warsaw serves as a strategically important post Brexit location and we expertly train and develop the talent we employ to ensure they are fully integrated and comparable with controllers based in other global locations including London, New York, Singapore and Buenos Aires.
We need innovative, proactive and independent people to join our team who can help us achieve our vision. This team isn’t following just simple, daily procedures. We want employees to go beyond this with a real drive and determination to understand complex issues, drive impactful change and generate efficiencies. In exchange, we offer dynamic work environment in the biggest Investment Bank in EMEA, development paths off the chain with exceptional benefits program and a competitive compensation package.
Global Clearing consists of four sub-lines of businesses: F&O Clearing, OTC Clearing, OTC Intermediation and FX PB business. The F&O business is an industry leader and a top clearing firm, providing access to ~80 exchanges globally. The OTC clearing product continues to grow its US footprint and across EMEA and Asia. The OTC Intermediation and FX PB business continues to provide OTC prime brokerage service to large hedge fund clients across the CDS and FX product offerings. The business has undergone a significant amount of change in recent years due to the evolving regulatory landscape, as well as a significant investment to re-engineer the cleared derivatives infrastructure.
This role sits within Product Controller team, with a focus on balance sheet and capital. As part of CIB Finance and Business Management, the role is responsible for reporting, management and explains of the balance sheet and RWA/Capital to the business and other F&BM stakeholders. The team has evolved in response to heightened sensitivity and requirement for a fortress balance sheet, robust financial performance measures (Tier 1 Capital ratio / Leverage ratio / Return on Equity) as well as the efficient management of regulatory capital and liquidity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Point of contact for global capital items including daily and weekly balance sheet, monthly and quarterly reporting
- Working with the business to ensure that they fully understand developments in Regulatory framework and priorities, i.e. changes to the Capital framework, the impact of Risk Weighted Assets, revenue recognition on structured deals etc.
- Further refine balance sheet reporting, managing to target and help establish best in practice standards for Global Clearing
- Own the analysis and explains for Global Clearing daily and weekly balance sheet movements
- Own short and long-term forecasting for balance sheet and all items mandated from Corporate and ensure they are understood by the business
- Understand and remediate issues in input data used in balance sheet reporting
- Ensure LOB is in the compliance with all CIB and Corporate policies such as Product Controller Standards and ensuring controls are documented and transparent
- Think strategically to improve procedures; drive process enhancement projects; partner with CIB Finance to review, test and implement process changes
- Responsible for RWA/balance sheet forecasts;
- Responsible for implementing new capital framework for the business
- Proactively support business on initiatives to reduce RWA under Basel rules and calculate potential RWA Capital impact of new trades
- Explain, with simple clarity, complex regulatory changes to business partners, including concise analysis of how regulatory changes apply specifically to the business
- Own ad hoc requests for the business as needed
- Strong quantitative/analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong accounting/finance background; good understanding of accounting, financial statements, product and risk
- Excellent communication and presentation skills written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and execute on a variety of deliverables
- Self-motivated and results driven and Self-starter with ability to use initiative and work independently
- Ability to implement and maintain effective controls
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Positive can-do attitude looking to add value across the breadth of the business
- Good relationship building skills and comfortable with business contact
- Interest in balance sheet and capital, knowledge of regulatory rules preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.