Fund Accounting, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
Experienced Fund Accounting leader to manage small team of Fund Accountants, and deliver NAVs and other accounting operational outputs for State Street’s clients. The Fund Accounting AVP operates within the larger North America Asset Manager Organization. This position is located in Quincy/Boston.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting AVP you will:
- Ensure the quality and streamlines production of Fund Accounting staff through managing direct reports who are managing entry level staff.
- Supervises the daily and monthly activities of a team of Fund Accounting staff.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and documented controls to ensure daily deliverables are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Facilitates timely resolution of issues related to the production of the Fund Accounting NAV.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes as needed
- Uses quality service measurement tools to ensure compliance with operational standards with SLAs and SOPs and create management reporting as needed
- Participates on projects or committees within the department and/or with other operations teams. COEs and Client Operations teams.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to deliver Fund Accounting NAVs daily
- Creative and flexible thinking when driving transformation and optimization
- Positive attitude, work well as a member of a large team
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or business-relevant program
- Prior relevant work experience of 4 to 6 years
- Demonstrated managerial, leadership and decision making abilities
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively bring individuals from multiple areas together to resolve identified issues.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Word).
Additional requirements: None
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.