Manager Indirect Tax
Why apply for this role?
In this role you'll be part of an in-house Indirect Tax team responsible for the provision of all VAT and other Indirect Tax compliance reporting for Santander in the UK, including the preparation and submission of all VAT related returns, ensuring they are dealt with on a timely basis. Assisting the Indirect Tax Senior Manager in dealing with any associated HMRC correspondence, and in providing in-house Indirect Tax guidance and advisory services in regard to Santander's activities in the UK.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Preparing and reviewing all Indirect Tax Compliance submissions, ensuring accuracy and completeness in line with statutory requirements.
- Providing Indirect Tax guidance and advisory service to the business in line with current legislation and case law.
- Managing relationships with customers and stakeholders to ensure that a high-quality integrated service is provided.
- Implementing guidelines and procedures within the scope of responsibility, reviewing the quality and efficiency of these in order to formulate recommendations for improvement in line with best practise, statutory requirements and business objectives.
- Managing risk within the Indirect Tax Compliance function including ensuring that Senior Accounting Officer obligations are met.
What we're looking for
- Previous experience in a VAT compliance reporting role and in providing indirect tax guidance and advice services- ATT or CTA qualification would be ideal, otherwise a qualified accountant.
- Experience in dealing with statutory return compliance cycles, including completion of returns, dealing with payments, correspondence and face to face meetings.
- Ability to manage complex reporting processes to a high standard.
- Ability to explain technical tax concepts concisely, clearly and in a non-jargonistic manner - in verbal and written format.
- Good time management skills with a proven ability to deliver results in a proactive 'self-starter' manner
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. When we talk about diversity, we don't just want to pay lip service. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. It's important to us that we create an inclusive culture where everyone counts.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.