Corporate Tax Manager
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join a growing tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. As a result of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Tax Manager.
About the company and department
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons and premier league footballers. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking.
About the job
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to drive your continuing professional development.
The corporate tax team at RSM acts for a wide range of middle market clients including OMBs, private equity portfolio companies and large corporate groups. The Leeds team has ambitious plans for growth and are seeking an individual with corporate tax experience to join the team.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, reviewing work undertaken by junior team members and working on a variety of advisory projects. In addition, you will have the opportunity to support senior staff by involvement in business development opportunities, proposals and networking events.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate would be CTA/CA/ACA qualified, who has experience of working within an Accountancy Practice with a good level of exposure to Corporate Tax. They would be able to work well as part of a team and have strong interpersonal skills, which will help communicating with both colleagues and clients.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be the main point of contact on portfolio allocation and respond quickly to clients.
- To liaise with the client throughout the year and to practise the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as required.
- To manage the assignment in accordance with the firm’s standard procedures and confirm arrangements with the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Ensuring the work meets targeted recovery, and to bill clients on a timely basis.
- To research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
- To be actively involved in the office business development activities.
- To take an active involvement in client seminars, and to effectively follow up contact made.
- To ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
- To develop a detailed knowledge of the firm’s specialist services and to undertake special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
- To maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil professional bodies’ CPD requirements.
- Be a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development.
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- To brief junior staff on the client’s business and the pre-assignment instructions, to supervise and control the completion of work, and to undertake ‘on the job’ training and appraisals where necessary.
- To ensure that the clients’ tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and manage compliance work team efficiently.
- To ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the Firm’s quality standards.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
- Good standard of education, particularly in Maths and English.
- Ideally CTA / ATII qualified or equivalent, along with a prior tax or accounting qualification such as CA, ACCA or ATT.
- Proven experience in client handling and project management.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax experience from a practice background is essential.
- Business development experience and interest in this aspect
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.