Senior - Financial Reporting
The Grant Thornton FAAS department is a specialist team who primarily service complex large scale and Multinational Companies (MNCs), focusing on being a centralised point of contact for their global requirements. Our experienced and multicultural teams are experts in areas of Global Compliance and Reporting Solutions (GCRS) and Audit and Accounting Advisory (AAA) – both operating through our Centre of Excellence in Ireland, Effective Financial Reporting (EFR), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and Global Payroll Solutions (GPS).
The characteristics of the target client base we are selling to are as follows:
- complex clients and group structures;
- technically demanding;
- driving efficiency and change;
- looking for value;
- want a single point of contact;
- sophisticated procurement processes; and
- often SEC regulated.
The service delivery therefore demands a combination of rigorous project management with clear communication protocols, technical excellence and a deep knowledge of shared service centre operating environments. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with Partners and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
Our team are proactive accounting specialists who are focused on and passionate about delivering innovative and practical solutions to clients’ complex financial reporting issues. The FAAS team is one of the fastest growing teams in Grant Thornton. You will work closely with the four partners in FAAS and will have a real opportunity to provide a valued opinion within the team.
The candidate should have a strong background in the financial services industry and understand the challenges and trends which affect this sector. This role will suit an ambitious motivated person who is willing and interested in getting involved with helping the team. It involves working closely with FAAS directors and managers and other senior personnel within Grant Thornton but also with key people from our multinational client base.
- Working with clients to prepare and review financial statements under IFRS and Lux and US GAAP;
- Working with clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short-term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- Building strong relationships with team and client representatives;
- Liaising with auditors;
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Experience, skills and attributes
- Experience and knowledge in financial services industry mainly asset management sector either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent IFAC qualification;
- Minimum 1 years’ PQE;
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of reporting standards mainly IFRS & US GAAP and basic knowledge of Irish GAAP and Luxembourg GAAP;
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to funds industry;
- Strong computer skills – advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications, high proficiency on excel - desirable;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing skills;
- SAP, ERP and other financial reporting tools experience – desirable;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of technical developments (particularly IFRS and US GAAP);
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.