Technical Manager – Audit Methodology
Working for the Technical Team within the Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards department, you will support the Technical Director and wider Audit Methodology team in promoting, maintaining and developing the firm’s Audit Methodology, standards, procedures and tools.
This varied, dynamic role is an excellent opportunity to help shape and maintain the future of the firm’s audit quality and efficiency by supporting the continued roll out of the new LEAP audit methodology, and upcoming changes to the auditing standards, the adoption of new audit innovation tools and associated projects.
Duties and responsibilities
Audit Methodology Technical Manager will -
- Play a key role in the ongoing roll out of the firm’s LEAP audit methodology and associated policies and procedures.
- Respond to audit methodology related queries;
- Monitor the adoption of the LEAP audit methodology by assisting in the performance of hot reviews of audit files;
- Prepare Practice User Guides for internal distribution on audit technical issues; and
- Develop and deliver additional audit methodology and technical training as required.
- Proactively respond to changes in applicable standards, including changes to the International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) and the Ethical Standard for Auditors.
- Update the firm’s existing materials for changes to standards, and develop further supporting resources as required; and
- Develop and deliver training highlighting the impact of such changes on the audit process.
- Assist in the methodology considerations of the roll out of data analytics tools to the audit practice.
- Work closely with the firm’s Audit Innovation Group;
- Develop communications and templates;
- Develop FAQ documents and guides; and
- Assist in data analytics training.
- Provide assistance to the risk and compliance functions as and when required to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns.
- Work on one off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and experience
- ACA / ACCA qualified.
- Has worked in an audit role for a minimum of 5 years. Experience testing operating effectiveness of controls preferable.
- Possesses strong technical knowledge of auditing and has an interest in auditing standards.
- Experience using audit data analytics tools preferable.
- Must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills including ability to communicate effectively with senior management.
- Excellent team player with an ability to work with cross functional teams.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.