Plant Controller - Sturtevant
Kerry is a global leader in taste & nutrition. Our manufacturing facilities produce and supply the world with over 15,000 different food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products throughout the world. With a commitment toward sustainability and reputation for innovation, a career with Kerry offers you the chance to change the way the world sees food and nutrition. A career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
A career with Kerry Taste & Nutrition offers you an opportunity to shape how people across the globe view food and beverage while providing you opportunities to explore and grow as your interests do. With our commitment to a sustainable future, a career with Kerry is something you can feel good about.
Where you'll work:
With over 45 plant across North America, the Sturtevant, WI, plant is a part of our Meat division. You'll have the opportunity to work in a fast paced and fun environment .We feel good about our products that make our food taste better. Our employees care about their community, their team and the results we create every day. If you’re looking for a manufacturing facility where you can build a career and have fun while you do it, we might be the team for you!
What you'll do:
The Plant Controller will work closely with plant management on all aspects of the financial operations of the plant including but not limited to explaining the costs of manufacturing products; identification of cost savings and operational efficiency opportunities in order for Management to make timely and informed decisions concerning financial performance of the business. This role is a key member of the leadership team in the facility, and will be expected to be integral to non-financial KPI delivery as well, by understanding, supporting and challenging the other functions as required. The Plant Controller will lead a team of 1 Inventory Co-Ordinator and 1 Production Assistant. Some of the responsibilities include:
- Partner with all members of the site leadership team to ensure ownership and accountability of financial performance, while identifying process improvement and cost reduction opportunities across all plant related cost categories (materials; labor; equipment; indirect purchases; and inventory);
- Preparation of all daily, weekly, period end operational performance reports with comments and recommendation for corrective action;
- Responsible for Month End period closing, and associated balance sheet management, accruals and purchase order reconciliation;
- Ensure strong process adherence across the plant for all relevant metrics including, but not limited to Inventory Control and Risk Management, Cycle Counting Accuracy, Inventory Obsolescence, Vendor Payment Management and Customer Billing (AP and AR are centralized, but the plant processes are key to a smooth operation). The plant controller is expected to understand the processes sufficiently to support the operation of them, and whilst not responsible for day to day completion, they are the site gatekeeper to ensure compliance.
- Capital Projects Performance Reporting (linking in with Meat Divisional Capital resource);
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Financial Planning;
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting required
- CPA, CMA or equivalent is desired but not required
- Proficient knowledge of Excel, SAP and Accounting Systems and experience with performance-based measurement highly desired. Good knowledge of Excel and associated systems is essential. ERP/SAP and Company specific systems training will be provided as required.
- Strong analytical mindset with attention to detail, good communication, organization, prioritization and time management skills while handling multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Prior experience with long term strategic planning, investing analysis, acquisition, capital, cost management, capital reporting, budgeting, forecasting, profitability analysis, financial reporting, managing fixed assets, closing the books, processing accounts receivable and accounts payable, budgeting, intercompany allocations, year-end audit and technical accounting are all highly desired
- Experience in commercial and manufacturing (food, chemical or Pharmaceutical industry) very beneficial, but not required.
- Experience leading people.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.