Section Manager, Fund Accounting, GFS
Global Financial Services (GFS) is dedicated in growing our foot print within the Fund servicing industry providing a comprehensive range of middle and-back office services for a wide spectrum of investment managers and asset classes. Northern Trust Global Fund Administration has a full suite of related services including fund accounting, fund consulting, partnership accounting, transfer agency, trustee and fiduciary services, regulatory and financial reporting and much more. The GFS service model continues to evolve creating a wide variety of career opportunities. Fund Accounting, a division within GFS, delivers valuation, accounting and administration services to asset managers for a wide range of fund products.
The Fund Accounting Section Manager is responsible for managing the daily valuation production cycle and reporting deliverables to advisors, fund managers and third parties. The individual will use their subject matter expertise to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the NAVs produced by fund accounting teams in multiple locations. The section manager must display leadership traits, effectively conduct performance management, career development processes, and enforce disciplinary actions if required.
The responsibilities will include working on a wide range of projects such as process optimization, vetting new accounting treatments and investment types, and conversion to new technologies and participating in various governance forums focused on risk management, oversight, and KPI.
- Manage the daily valuation production cycle and reporting deliverables
- Coordinate with client servicing to resolve inquiries and mitigate issues
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions
- Review escalated accounting exceptions to ensure accurate NAVs
- Prioritize client deliverables based on SLAs
- Oversee fund accounting data produced by teams across multiple locations
- Provide technical training and coaching for new processes directed by the client/s or regulatory changes. This includes drafting procedures and successfully managing the change environment
- Responsible for reviewing and remediating reconciliation breaks highlighted by the various FA teams
- Active member of the leadership team in establishing goals and objectives to mitigate risk and enhance productivity
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the implementation of these changes with supporting documented procedures
- Participate or lead projects as needed
- Interact with internal business leads and clients as needed by responding to queries and consulting on issues as they arise.
Skills and Experience:
- 7-10 Years fund accounting experience; preferably 40 Act, CIT, partnerships, etc.
- Knowledge of asset classes comprising multiple products and funds (bonds, equities, options, futures, OTCs, fund of funds)
- Leadership and organizational skills to prioritize assignments and direct staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Ability to deal confidently and articulately with internal and external counterparties
- Analytical and problem solving skills; tech savvy
- Highly flexible and adaptable to change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant software applications (Bloomberg, FIS Enterprise, FTID, Excel) preferred
- A College or University degree and/or relevant work experience is required
- Supervisory experience
- Project management is a plus
- Good team player, self-starter, flexible, with the ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With over 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why we are honored to receive the following awards in 2021:
- Gender Equality Index Member, Bloomberg
- Top Financial & Banking Company, Black EOE Journal, Hispanic Network Magazine, Professional WOMAN'S Magazine
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of America’s best banks and most sustainable companies! Build your career with us and apply today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.