Bristol, Bath, Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth, Truro, Worcester
We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious VAT Executive to join our expanding VAT team.
This role can be based from any of our seven offices and will give the you the opportunity to develop your VAT knowledge further and become a VAT specialist within Bishop Fleming.
The position will enable you to take full advantage of the hybrid working that we offer to all of our people. Whether you’re working from the office, from home or from a client site, we support our people to achieve the right balance of flexibility in line with delivering excellent client service.
You will work closely with colleagues to support them with VAT queries raised by their clients and will undertake a role that combines both VAT compliance and advisory work.
This role can offer a clear career path to Manager and beyond so there is scope for significant career progression within a short space of time.
Day to day duties include:
- Advising clients and BF staff on a wide range of VAT issues
- Dealing with queries from academy and other charity clients
- Preparing and reviewing VAT registration applications and VAT returns.
- Discussing the VAT implications of residential and commercial property developments with clients and contacts including solicitors and architects
- Advising affected clients on adapting to the new requirements of making tax digital.
- Communicating key VAT developments internally and externally by blogs and social media
- Monitoring budgets and agreeing fees
- Managing client relationships and expectations
- Contributing to business development activities and becoming actively involved in the various sector groups such as food and drink and charities
To be considered for the role, you will need to be:
- ACA/ACCA/CTA Qualified or Part Qualified
- Well-organised, enthusiastic, thorough with a systematic approach and ability to work to deadlines
- An excellent communicator who can confidently liaise with clients
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Keen to continue to develop your technical VAT knowledge
Please contact Wendy Andrews; VAT Director or Ben Carter; Resourcing Manager if you would like to discuss this opportunity further.
We welcome applicants who would like the flexibility in their working arrangements, including working from home or part time working, which may help to accommodate parent or carer responsibilities, further studies and activities outside of work.
We are committed to welcoming new people into an inclusive working environment, where everyone is given equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We support a culture where people are valued and treated fairly with respect and differences are understood and celebrated.
The more varied our workforce, the broader the expertise within our business. The broader our expertise, the greater our chances of innovation and success. That's why we're committed to equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion at every level.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.