Your new company
An industry leader within the FMCG sector requires an Assistant Accountant to join their existing finance team on a temporary contract between 6-8 weeks. This opportunity, based in Hamilton.
As the Assistant Accountant you will provide strong financial and accounting practices to ensure the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers. You will be predominately responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register, bank reconciliations, balance sheet reconciliations and many other duties to assist the Finance Manager. Moreover, an element of overseeing the accounts payable and accounts receivable will be required. This role will also play a crucial part in end of month and year end reporting.
Your new role
- Will support the financial accounting functions and look after the following tasks;
- Run month end programs to close accounting programs
- Weekly and monthly reporting
- Daily cash flow forecasting and receipting
- Liaising and building relationships with key internal staff members
- Bank reconciliation
- Preparing monthly journals and accruals
- Preparation of tax returns
- Assisting the Financial Controller with any other additional duties
What you'll need to succeed
- 2+ years' experience in a finance role
- Qualified with a degree in Accounting, (ideally working towards your CA qualification)
- Exposure to AP and AR responsibilities
- Experienced with bank reconciliations, month-end journals, and balance sheet reconciliations
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with tax returns (GST, FBT, etc)
- Experience using large accounting software (ERP systems)
- Prior working experience with multiple foreign currencies highly beneficial
What you'll get in return
Join an energetic, hard-working team with a good culture and a family feel.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.