Our Client is a highly regarded massage therapy school founded in the heart of the Loop. They are looking for a new Financial Aid Assistant to assist in their Business Office. In this role you will be assisting with both financial aid and bookkeeping responsibilities.
This position does require you to be onsite. Some of our Client's safety protocols include closing common areas, wearing a mask inside at all times and new pathways created for social distancing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Distribute daily enrollment reports
- Perform daily reconciliation of POS activity reports and prepare bank deposits (physical deposit at the bank as required)
- Scan accounting information (including deposit reports and bills) to the V.P. of Business Office
- Occasionally issue checks
- Prepare & send out Financial Aid disbursement letters.
- Mail 14–day notices and/or final letters for withdrawn & transfer students
- Complete Withdrawn Student File Audit Forms, including performing R2T4 & Cancellation & Refund calculations
- Diarize withdrawn student accounts for collections
- Prepare offer letters to faculty per directives from Curriculum Coordinator, scan new hire information to V.P. of Business Office
- Manage all communications with third party receivable vendors
- Obtain monthly reports of delinquent borrowers from National Students Loan Data System, maintain a series of systematic communications with delinquent borrowers
- Provide assistance and establish communications with loan servicers on behalf of the delinquent borrowers
- Provide loan exit counseling for withdrawn and graduate students and set up payment plans for graduates
- Maintain business office files
- Perform other related duties as required
??? Minimum Qualifications:
- Post–secondary education in business, accounting or related field;
- 2 years of financial aid or financial services experience required.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi–task in a fast–paced environment;
- Ability to collect, manage, analyze, and interpret data and to create reports;
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.