Credit Review Manager
Description of Business Unit:
Credit Review sits within the internal audit function of Bank of Ireland Group. The team reviews the management of loans and other credit risk exposures and identifies areas for potential improvement. Credit Review's remit covers lending, credit underwriting and arrears management units.
Purpose of the Role:
Credit Review provides reasonable risk-based assurance that the standards of credit risk management across the Group are acceptable.
Our findings reach the highest levels within the Group, with stakeholders including executive management andthe Executive Risk Committee.
- Timely delivery of the Credit Review plan through performing and/or leading individual credit review assignments.
- Identifying any issues with the standards of credit risk assessment and management within the units being reviewed (usually based on reviewing a sample of lending files/records), and confidently standing over findings supported by relevant facts.
- Supporting effective relationships with stakeholders, while maintaining the high quality and independence of the work of Credit Review.
- Working proactively with internal audit colleagues and other assurance providers in the Group, to ensure a cohesive approach to providing assurance.
- Supporting the overall strategy of the internal audit function.
What is the Opportunity?
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a small high performing team of credit risk professionals, working together as an enabler of the Group's strategic plan through the completion of high quality assurance work. The successful candidate will gain an understanding of end-to-end credit risk management across a diversified multi-national financial servicesgroup, gaining exposure to a variety of credit risk units and their management teams.
This 12 month contract is to cover Maternity Leave.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model, with home, agile hub and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Significant experience in lending, credit underwriting and/or arrears management roles; including credit risk management of larger value business/corporate loans.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interrogate complex information and identify potential issues.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality work within pre-defined timeframes.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- A track record of proactivity and sound judgement.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a credit review or internal audit role would be advantageous, but is not essential.
- Experience across both lending and credit underwriting units would also beadvantageous, but is not essential.
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Manage Risk - People Manager
- Customer Focused - Self
- Accountable - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 24, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.