IBD - Real Estate - Associate
Morgan Stanley's Investment Banking Division is looking for an Associate to join our Real Estateteam in London.
About The Team
Morgan Stanley’s Real Estate Banking group (MSREB) works with European public and private real estate companies, institutions and individuals on mergers and acquisitions, strategy advisory, and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
About the Role
Associates work on assignments which include various types of different transactions (M&A, capital markets) and business development projects while interacting directly with senior-level financial and strategic decision-makers at some of the world’s largest corporations, as well as with smaller, emerging growth clients. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and assisting in the execution of corporate finance transactions (including IPOs, M&A, strategic advisory).
- Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research.
- Contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Providing rapid and accurate market judgments to colleagues and clients.
- Preparing and delivering client presentations in a clear and compelling manner.
- Acting as a mentor and role model to Analysts; promoting team culture.
- Working closely with senior bankers on the team and across other groups.
- Top class Master’s degree or overseas equivalent in or related to finance from a leading university
- Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required
- Familiarity with the sector and corporate landscape is desirable
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and modelling skills – these are critical to success as an Associate
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses
- A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities
- Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment
- Demonstrate best in class professional integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
- Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail
- Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley’s Investment Banking Division builds and maintains close relationships with corporations and governments around the world in order to provide both traditional and innovative solutions that meet their individual strategic and financial needs.
Morgan Stanley applies its global network, extensive experience in dealing with local jurisdictions throughout Europe as well as in-depth knowledge of its comprehensive banking products suite to meet our Clients' short- and long-term strategic objectives.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out moreFor further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.