General Ledger & Reconciliation Analyst
OverviewActing as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility. It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business. Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
ResponsibilitiesThe purpose of this position is to ensure all data from sub-ledgers (bank, clients, vendors) is correctly reflected in the general ledger for Citi Trust entities and justified. The position requires interactions with other global functions to ensure the correctness of data: Finance, IT support, billing team, procurement team, balance sheet substantiation team.
Being involved in projects or initiate small improvements is the part of the position.
- Prepare and post GL entries based on reports from sub-ledgers
- Review payments on behalf of client entities and available funds, posting related entries
- Ensure timely execution of month-end tasks, produce related supporting documents and reconciliation files
- Taking steps to clear open items in payable accounts; liaising with Fiduciary services and Global Fee Billing Unit if needed
- Liaise with other functions within Citi (Finance, Global Fee Billing team, Fiduciary Services) re: different part of the process
- Perform data analysis to define discrepancies and investigate for their root causes
- Identifying inefficiencies, risks and gaps in the process, proposing and implementing related changes
- Update process documentation
- Build and maintain good relationship with internal business partners
- Contribute to development of smart solutions (CitiLean)
- Respect and implement Citi standards & policies at daily work
- Previous experience in GL accounting or audit
- Good understanding of GL and data reconciliation process and its purpose
- Experience in working in multinational environment
- Experience in initiating & running projects in the above fields is an advantage
- Trust business knowledge is not required, but very welcomed
- Good written and oral English
- Solid MS Excel skills & analytical mindset
- Good communication & cooperation skills
- Self-management & time-management skills
- Financial certification e.g. ACCA would be a plus
- Opportunity to work in an international and diverse environment.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- Private healthcare
- Group insurance
- Private pension scheme
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
- Multisport program
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.