Manager, Purchase to Pay
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.Description
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Effectively manage, supervise and support the analysts to deliver services to BASF group companies. Ensuring that services are delivered in accordance with established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies, Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that service timelines and service quality are met in the delivery of Accounts Payable (AP) services.
- Coach and develop the analysts to meet service standards expected through structured training and on the job coaching.
- Provide process and systems support to the accounts payable team by monitoring the accounts payable process, ensuring quality in terms of accuracy, completeness and timeliness on a daily basis.
- Manage the accounts payable team in performing their daily activities
- Manage the team to ensure that all accounts payable transaction is process within agreed timeline
- Assess issues brought up by local company and propose resolution
- Assess and develop the improvement on the Accounts Payable (AP) processes
- Assess issues and ensure escalate issue on timely manner
- Managing issues, queries relating to daily task and system
- Managing the ad-hock request from senior manager and customer
- Monitor that all process carried out based on SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Develop and monitor the process as per Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements
- Coach and support the team on a regular basis
- Act as an counsel to staff as when needed
- Act as a mentor to staff and motivator to the team
- Work closely with Payment analyst to ensure review and approve of all payment proposal and manual payment in banking portal are perform before all payment are carried out
- Ensure accuracy of VAT/WHT data and liaise with the country coordinator (when necessary)
- Monitor the payment process in accordance with FRC
- Monitor and ensure employee reimbursement is process on time
- Monitor and ensure employee claims technical error in Concur tool is resolve on time
- Monitor vendor reconciliations
- Review vendor reconciliations performed by Analysts
- Guide Analysts in carrying out reconciliations
- Conduct routine operational update meeting/call with local customer
- Monitor and track internal P2P KPI and steer improvement
- Constantly looking for improvement opportunity to strike operational excellent e.g. process efficiency, resource optimization, cost saving, quality improvement and mitigate finance risk to BASF
Overseeing month end processes:
- Manage month end processes with other functional teams in BSSCKL & Local company according to global guideline and deadline
- Guide/ coach Analysts in carrying out AP month end tasks
- Ensure monthly reports (e.g. Invoice block report ie MRBR, Vendor Aging, Workcycle, GRIR) are prepare and send timely to designated recipient in local country
- Ensure escalation reports is send and attention to the right channel
Support Service Desk function:
- Work closely with Service Desk to ensure assigned tickets are address timely
- Enforcing compliance with FRC, ISO and Statutory Requirements
- Participate in compliance audits (FRC, ISO & Statutory) and respond to audit findings/queries
- Ensure all Process Definition (PD) and Work Instruction (WI) are reviewed from Senior Analyst updates to meet FRC and ISO requirements
- Ensure delivery execution is in compliance with BASF policies, local company legal and statutory requirements and credit policies.
- Be a ‘Super user’ within the team, providing expert knowledge and support to colleagues and hands on support when required
- Support other delivery teams and Managers through sharing of resources, knowledge and experience, backup and best practices.
- Such other tasks as BSSCKL management and changing business environment may require to be performed
- Business Continuity Plan (BCP) – Support the implementation of BCP (resource planning, back up & communication)
- Safety – Ensure BASF Safety Guidelines are adhered at all time
- Supervise accounts payable team members to deliver services within agreed service levels and budgetary guidelines defined in the BASF Asia Pacific F&A Accounts Payable Service Level Agreement
- Execute work in accordance with the service management framework by providing timely and accurate customer service.
- Review SLAs, backlog and cycle time reports, supervise team members to improve process flow times.
- Ensure all workflows are processed within agreed service timelines
- Ensure customer queries are attended to and resolved in a timely, responsible and proactive manner
Quality and Continuous Improvement:
- Identify, recommend and develop solutions in consultation with Senior Manager for continuous improvement opportunities. Ensure successful implementation across the team and in the local companies
- Establish a knowledge database (e.g. using AHD & QMS) of work problems encountered and steps for resolution to facilitate continuous learning, development and cross sharing of knowledge throughout accounts payable team.
- Work with the team members to share best practices
- Manage queries from Internal Audit
- Ensure quality of service offerings is maintained through knowledge transfer & retention of team members
- Provide support to Global and Regional P2P Projects
- Standardization across regions and globally by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools
- Improving productivity of Accounts Payable by conducting relevant benchmarking exercise and monitoring through Key Performance indexes
- Recruitment based on Resource Schedule to ensure that candidates chosen are of that competent and adequate knowledge to maintain service levels.
- Continuously coach, develop and motivate team to meet service standards expected through structured training and on the job coaching.
- Hold regular team meetings, staff briefing sessions and individual reviews to ensure group and/or individual’s issues are recognized and resolved in a timely and orderly manner.
Learning and Development:
- Design career path for team members according to HR Employee Development guideline
- To identify and nominate the appropriate training to achieve individual and company aspiration in line with Local HR learning and development schedule
Leadership, Cooperation and Supervision:
- Professional guidance
- Guide and direct the work of up to 8-15 staff
- Provide guidance, support and leadership to the designated accounts payable team
- Establish goals and KPI's for each team member and evaluates performance throughout the year in accordance with the BASF performance management system
- Set realistic target to the team align with company objective
- Provide feedback and reinforcement to team members regarding development needs and opportunities, and secure resources to support development efforts
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping team members feel valued, appreciated and aware of business performance issues
- Manage performance issue employee guided by BASF code of conduct, Labour Law Act and Industrial Relation Act
- Follow BASF Group guidelines; treasury, accounting and reporting guidelines.
- Understand and follow local regulation and statutory requirements
- Report to, update, support and assist Senior Manager
- Service centre management team, AS/F management team, regional and country finance directors, business units and the other service centre departments.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job:
- Works with minimal supervision
- University degree in accounting or business administration
- Chartered, Certified or Certified Professional Accountant
- More than 7 years’ experience in accounts payable or, other accounting function including 2 to 3 years’ experience managing an accounting team
- Experience working in an SAP work environment
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of accounts payable and other accounting functions.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of SAP system or other ERP system
- Proficiency in English with good communication skill
- External experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in a MNC or Malaysian Public listed company
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.