Manager - Financial Control
“At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let’s discuss what this means for you”
Financial Services (FS) partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, and property.
See yourself in our team
The Global Financial Control Team protects the Group, and our Customers through automated reconciliations, financial accounting and analytical reporting. We add value to our internal Finance customers through robust and scalable accounting practices, driving efficiency through technology led Innovation.
The team is responsible for:
- Onboarding of reconciliations in PSOB
- Managing the finance reconciliation controls including Financial Controller and business operations reporting
- Providing oversight and financial controls over Group’s payroll and staff expenses liabilities
- Manages the accounts payable function
Do work that matters
The purpose of this role is to support BAU activities performed by the Financial Control – Staff expense team to ensure that all payroll accounting, operational and regulatory deliverables are met.
- Provide analytical support to other FS teams in relation to payroll expenses and payroll tax matters and assist with annual processes such as reportable fringe benefits and annual payroll tax returns
- Provide accounting advice to Group Finance teams and ES in relation to GL mapping/tax treatment of new pay codes
- Financial control of payroll Balance Sheet accounts i.e. fortnightly/monthly processes such as the preparation and reconciliation of superannuation, payroll tax, PAYG obligations, FBT etc
- Comply with relevant legislation and regulations (e.g. Australian Taxation Office, State/Territory Taxes, etc.)
- Perform reconciliations in line with Group Reconciliation Policy including effective liaison with Business Unit/Financial Controllers for clearance of discrepancies in a timely manner
- Utilise system process knowledge to influence decision making and drive change for HRMS/Payroll systems as well as identify data/process issues and work with the relevant stakeholders to develop and implement solutions
We’re interested in hearing from people who have:
- Tertiary qualification in business, finance or a related discipline
- Deep understanding of payroll accounting and related legislation
- Strong financial control including reconciliation, analysis, investigations and reporting
- CA/CPA qualification or equivalent
- Strong influencing and communication skills with proven ability to lead process improvements
Is this your next challenge, apply Now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/07/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.