Subject Area Lead Overhead Management & NTBT
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Support of service delivery and proper performance of month and year-end closing & reporting cross-team and cross-company activities
- Functional leadership of subject area employees from the different service teams
- Contributing as part of the SDU management team in developing the SDU and its employees
- Safeguarding functional expertise by ensuring proper knowledge documentation and sharing
- Consistently implementing functional requests and process enhancements (e.g. automation)
- Linking the functionally organized Expert groups with the service teams to foster exchange
- Supporting the transition into the new team structure
- Being approachable to all subject area employees and giving a helping hand in any functional service delivery matter
- Keeping the subject area functional group together and successfully implementing process enhancements across teams
Functional Tasks (Inclusive but not limited):
- To provide technical, process and systems support to the Business team members to deliver high quality and compliant services in the area of:
- Product costing
- Inventory valuation
- Asset Accounting
- Project Accounting
- Cost Center Accounting
- Profitability analysis
- Non-trade Business transactions
- BI Solutions
- To coach and perform trouble shooting to resolve issues related to Business Reporting processes
- To identify, evaluate and drive the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, digitalization, internal control requirements and any other project roll outs
- To drive standardization & harmonization across teams by focusing on alignment of end to end business process areas, system and tools
- To provide guidance and training to Business Reporting team members to improve their ability on the job
- To perform other duties as and when delegated
- To manage and participate in any compliance audits
- To ensure all documentations and processes are updated and compliant
- To enforce compliance to BASF guidelines and policies, Financial Reporting Compliance requirements, local regulation and statutory requirements
- To support manage the Business Reporting team members to deliver services within agreed service levels
- To support ensuring operations in accordance with the service level agreement by providing a timely and accurate service
- To monitor KPIs to ensure continues improvement in operations and service to customers
- To ensure proper and consumable documentation of knowledge
- To ensure effective knowledge transfer & sharing as for a sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- To support the Business Reporting managers allocate resources and responsibilities of the respective subject area to deliver services
- To support recruiting together with the Business Reporting manager in line with budget and ensuring that candidates chosen meet requirements and have further development potential
- To conduct regular virtual team meetings and individual meetings when required
- To continuously coach and develop the team to meet defined service standards through structured training and on the job coaching thereby achieving the expected delivery service quality
- Support the Business Reporting Manager to establish goals and KPI's for sub areas and evaluates performance throughout the year
- Provide feedback and reinforcement to Business Reporting team members regarding development needs and opportunities
- To contribute and support team strategic plan and objectives
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- Working Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Finance & Accounting or Controlling function
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in respective Subject Area
- Experience in a Shared Services or Business Process Outsourcing engagement will be an advantage
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Experience with Controlling/Finance tools and KPIs
- Experience working with SAP ERP and / or SAP BW tools is preferred
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools.
- Proficiency in English and other languages as required with good communication skills.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.