Analyst, Quality & Compliance
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
Service Hub Kuala Lumpur established in 2005 providing functional services in Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import-Export Order Management Services to BASF companies in Asia Pacific region. This center is part of BASF Global Shared Services Organization (GSSO) network, with three other sites in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the America region.
This position aims at supporting the Quality and Compliance Unit on:
- Based on BASF chosen compliance programs, carry out a systematic internal appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards.
- Work with all levels of management to validate audit comments and recommendations for improvement.
- Add value by acting as an internal consultant to strengthen and improve internal controls effectiveness
- Based on the project or initiative assigned, the role requires leading, influencing and guiding team members in the functions to achieve the desired business results for the assigned project.
- Analyze, review and monitor all relevant activities to ensure compliance to ISO 9001 standards, BASF Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICOFR) requirements and Financial Reporting Compliance (FRC) requirements of local countries.
- Review controls continually to ensure effective and efficient performance and documentation.
- Liaise and coordinate with the Global FRC team and local company representative in regards to internal control and compliance matters.
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal quality audit function including the preparation of an audit plan which includes scheduling, managing audit teams and preparation of audit checklists.
- Monitor delivery team’s response and implementation on internal and external audit recommendations.
- Liaise and coordinate for external and global/regional internal audit activities within the organization, ensuring the audit complete per the schedule.
- Partnering with process owner to recommend practical remediation solutions for audit finding/control weaknesses including follow up action.
- Facilitate ISO 9001 orientations and ICOFR trainings when required.
- Prepare, update and maintain audit records/files/reports.
- User administration for compliance related tools such as SAP MIC, Quality Management Systems (QMS) etc.
- Apply procedures to ensure accuracy of output and share best practices with delivery teams.
- Assist delivery teams to improve service performance quality based on fact finding during internal audit process.
- Process modeling and process advising.
Planning & Controlling
- Establish system of early warnings and escalations to avoid issues arising from the reviews and audits of external parties.
Compliance and Quality Management
- Ensure that all activities carried out by the functional teams are in compliance with relevant policies, processes and procedures to achieve excellent and consistent quality of work results.
- Ensure that strict adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
- University graduate – Accounting / Finance / Business / Economics major. ACCA/CPA or CIA certification, highly desired.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in finance and accounting, internal/external audit roles. Preferably possesses good understanding of financial reporting compliances and experience in Quality Assurance Systems (ISO 9001 or other regulated programs)
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong knowledge and understanding of internal controls & Quality Management systems.
- Strong analytical skills (expert level using Microsoft package)
- Excellent business communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Good knowledge of SAP systems
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members.
- Able to drive change management
- Exposure to new topics and technologies, including RPA (robotic process automation), AI (artificial intelligence), SQL Language e.g. MSSQL, would be an advantage.
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020. Further information at www.basf.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.