Senior Accounting and Payroll Tax Specialist AND Finance Manager
We have two position in our Support Service Center Department Summary:
The Support Services organization at Tufts University delivers administrative services to schools and central units across the university's three campuses. Comprising administrative support for transactional tasks in human resources, finance, and information technology, along with professional services for budgeting and other functions, support services operates under a governance model that includes service level agreements. Tufts Support Services (TSS) is customer–focused and strives for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction for faculty and staff constituents.
1) Senior Accounting and Tax Specialist
Under the direction of the Manager, Payroll and Benefits Administration, the Senior Accounting and Tax Specialist provides operational oversight of Tier 2 payroll and tax accountants, coordinates service delivery to assigned customer groups, and serves as a resource to research and resolve more complex Tier 2 inquiries. The Senior Specialist ensures adherence to federal and state regulations and laws, and university policies and procedures, and plans and conducts financial, operational and compliance audits to ensure compliant planning, accounting, custodial and control activities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 – 7 years related experience in finance and/or accounting, payroll tax withholding and reporting.
- Expertise in Payroll/Financial systems, and process analysis and control assessment.
- Sound compliance skills and a solid understanding of GAAP.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service orientation and strong oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, problem–solve and research thoroughly, contribute to peer learning and collaborate in a team environment.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CPP preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Payroll and Financials.
- Experience with Windstar Tax Navigator.
- Work experience in higher education.
To apply click on this link #.YMC5ht2rnBs.mailto
2) Manager Financial Services Operations
The Financial Services Operations Manager is responsible for the operational oversight, system maintenance, and strategic oversight of Accounts Payable, Travel and Business expense and procurement administrative support for the university. Set priorities and vision, provide leadership and supervision of the staff, manage ongoing operation of the areas of responsibility, actively manage and develop the various ERP/ systems and processes and assure university compliance with government and other regulatory agency policy.
- Knowledge and experience typically acquired through a completion of Bachelor's or equivalent experience in a related field with at least 5 years functional experience in accounts payable including taxation
- 3 years staff management experience
- Significant experience and aptitude with PeopleSoft Financials or equivalent EPR system
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle pressure situations in a production environment
- Ability to influence and persuade others
- Demonstrated professional track
- Proven customer service experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills including clear goal setting, prioritization and ability to a lead team in a learning and collaborative environment
- Strong project management skills
- Experience in higher education
To Apply Click Here: #.YMC96JvlBbA.mailto
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity